jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

newbie with a question

1. 59
    kimdawnposted 6 years ago

Hey there, I guess I joined HubPages a while ago, but I never have done anything with it. Oops.
    Alright then on to my question, I have been reading some of the getting started hubs and am confused. Do I have to have an affiliate account myself in order to use Amazon or ebay capsules?

I am asking because I live in Colorado and due to the new laws here I can not have an account with Amazon. Hopefully our Colorado leaders will change the laws, and then I can once again have an account with Amazon.  But until then I have to bite my tongue and muddle through.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Those capsules can be used on Hubs without an affiliate account, however, you won't earn anything from those sales if you are not signed up with the affiliate programs.  Any earnings just go to HubPages in that case.

I put those capsules up on my Hubs before I had my affiliate programs connected because I felt the interest and relevance they could add to my Hubs was worthy even if I wasn't earning yet.

2. whooops profile image75
    whooopsposted 6 years ago

I agree with what relache mentioned you do not have to have an account with them to use those capsules. You just wouldn't get credit for them.

3. 59
    kimdawnposted 6 years ago

Ok Thanks Guys. It is aggravating that I can't make money off the capsules but because I can not have an account with Amazon I guess I will just have to "donate" to HubPages. Ha Ha

1. 4x4 profile image81
      4x4posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suppose, you'd have to use Google Adsense to make your bucks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kim, there's no need to add Amazon or eBay capsules if you're not signed up.  Most people make more money on Adsense than on the other two, anyway.

1. Jenna May Swan profile image60
        Jenna May Swanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not most people then! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah, and I can see why - you've learned the art of writing Hubs targeted for those affiliates.  Well done.

4. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

The Road ahead for you young hubber will be difficult - however - fear not - for along the way you will meet the Hubmasters and they in their wisdom will guide you - when you can walk across the bed of rice without making a single sound you will be ready to walk in the world of Hubville on your own two feet - take care - take time and more importantly aim to be Hubtastic......read the signs along the way and seek the advice of the great Hubmasters when the light dims at the end of the tunnel.....be at one with your hubs.... smile