jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Pictures in Hubs

1. premierkj profile image78
    premierkjposted 6 years ago

When I place a few pictures next to one piece of text, the pictures move up a place on the hub when I publish. Thus I have a hub that looks completely foolish with a line of pictures followed further down the page by the writing. Why do things change in the hub when I publish?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

are you talking about your latest hub?  I really don't think it looks foolish.  but if you don't like it, I agree with website, just copy and paste some of the text into a separate module and this will help.

premierkjposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah its my most recent one but others too. thanks for your thoughts and help, its just annoying because I like things to be perfect.

I know what you mean, but it's hard to get it perfect. sometimes I play around with mine until it makes me crazy, and then I just leave it as it is.
          maybe try breaking it up with more capsules, but don't knock yourself out trying too hard.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I never place more than one picture next to the text - strange things happen.

Instead, split your text up into several modules so you can have one picture per text module. Works every time.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I don't know why you encounter this. Very likely, it is because there isn't enough room for the images to fit alongside the text.

The best remedy may therefore be to break the text into separate modules and do the same thing for the images. Try doing a preview prior to publication.

premierkjposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe you were right about the space being too small. Thanks for you help, can't believe I didn't think to try that before I starting crying for help!!! Thanks again.

I just went to take a look. I like what you did. it does look better. good job. smile

something else that works if you don't want to keep making new capsules and you have lots of pics is to make sure you give each photo capsule a heading and it seems to break them up and allow a clean line of pics.  I guess whatever you like is what works best! we all do things according to our own tastes and preferences.

3. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I agree with what rebekahELLE has just said - I do n't like gaps and things not lined up in my Hubs.

I found that it does help me if I use the preview button frequently when arranging the layout and then preview and review a couple of time before I publish.

This is mainly because when the Adsense ads appear - if I have not previewed the HubPage enough it looks different to the way I want it to. Hope this helps.

B.T.W. Having the first block of text a good size seems to help in the way I work. It helps me to predict where the adsense ads will go at the top of the page, you usually get three ads there in that case.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The "three ads" are actually an ad block which can either contain three text ads or an image ad.  So it's an "all or nothing" thing - you have to make your first text capsule big enough to trigger that ad block, or you get nothing and it will appear further down, possibly screwing up your layout.

It's a fine line - you want your first text capsule to be just the right size, big enough to trigger the first ad block but short enough that you can have your first photo within cooee and your second set of ads not too far down.  I wrote a Hub about it (link on my profile).

working