jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Hub Linking

1. rusty nails profile image60
    rusty nailsposted 6 years ago

I have a few hubs now, am I better off choosing aprimary hub and linking all other hubs to it, or creating reciprocal links between all hubs.

When linking to my other hubs whould the links be fully qualified (absolute) or realtive.

Cheers
    Rusty NAils

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

One of our most successful Hubbers, Nelle Hoxie, interlinks her Hubs extensively.   Remember Google likes related links, so interlink the Hubs that are on the same broad topic, not just any old Hub.

You can do it by adding a links capsule anywhere in your Hub and adding links, or by adding a rss capsule with an rss feed for your Hubs.  Or, if you're up for a bit of extra work, the most effective links are contextual - i.e. you highlight a word or phrase in the text and use that to link. 

Another idea, as MyWebs said, is to create a Capstone-style Hub which is an overview of a topic, with links to all your related Hubs.

1. rusty nails profile image60
        rusty nailsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you marissa, great info

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Seconded!

3. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Marisa said: "Or, if you're up for a bit of extra work, the most effective links are contextual - i.e. you highlight a word or phrase in the text and use that to link."

I'm so glad you said the above, Marisa, it's exactly what I've been wondering. How do you do this?  I know it's a basic skill, but I don't have it.  So we highlight the word we want to be the LINK and then what do we do?  Thanks.
        Oh, and P.S.  I haven't done it yet, but is this the kind of thing that messes us up for EzineArticles?

4. pisean282311 profile image59
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

@Marisa Wright grouping does serve purpose on interlinking?

2. Super Chef profile image61
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

Thirded is there such a word lol!!!!!!!!!

3. Mutiny92 profile image86
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub on the various ways to interlink your hubs (Groups, RSS, and Link Capsules) - I hope it helps.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87

Good.  I will definitely read this.  Thanks.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Hi Pamela, you go to the text capsule, enter edit mode, highlight the word, a new box opens where you enter a external link to some other site or link to one of your listed Hubs. Hope that helps. smile

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87

Thank you.  I shall try this tonight.

working