jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Need a module that's common to all my hubs

1. Dense profile image66
    Denseposted 6 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted before but I need a module common to all my hubs that I can put some links in. This is to ensure that I can update all the links at once and will probably cut down on broken links or outdated information in some of the hubs.
    TQ. smile
    Add in your comments here if you feel a need for this too.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The reason this isn't offered is that it would make it even easier for spammers to include the same links to multiple Hubs. 

If you are asking for it to use for Hubs only, you can do that using an RSS capsule instead.  Just give your Hubs in one group a unique tag and use the tag feed.

1. Dense profile image66
        Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

TQ Marisa. Just figured out how to do it the RSS way. It worked well! smile

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Are you familiar with the potential repercussions of promoting the same site or links across lots of your Hubs?

And if you mean internal links, you should be able to do it with an RSS feed capsule, shouldn't you?

1. Dense profile image66
      Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't mean anything external, only internal links to my other hubs. Still haven't experimented with the RSS feed. Probably will need to play with it later to see whether it is useful for this purpose. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

You just have to manually do it. This has been asked for many times, or at least something similar in which we can copy one link capsule to other hubs. We all just have to do it manually.

Only thing I can think of is using text capsules and making contextual links and copying from one hub to the other updating with the links as needed. But, this doesn't work for everyone. I can't use contextual links at work or my hub doesn't save and I lose text from the text capsule when I add a link within the text. But, it is still an option for those who can do it.