jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Linking to personal website

1. scarlton profile image77
    scarltonposted 6 years ago

Are we allowed to place a link to our website on our hubs of the same topic? If so, could you use a sentence such as: Find out more about  (topic)  at my website  (link)?

Can we place links on our webpage to our hubs?

1. MyWebs profile image84
      MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure you can link out from your hub to your own web site, as long as the site is within HubPages's and AdSense's TOU, and the topics should be related as you mentioned. You should limit the links to no more than 2 in any one hub. Repeatedly linking to the same web site in many different hubs will get your hubs and author scores a penalty.

The more you link to your hubs the better, as no one is going to do this for you usually, at least not at first. If you write good content and others like it then you may get some unsolicited links to your hubs if your lucky. Expect to have to market your own hubs if you wish to attract much traffic outside of hubpages.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Yes, yes but does not make much sense to me, and yes smile

3. scarlton profile image77
    scarltonposted 6 years ago

Thank you very much MyWebs exactly what I needed to know.

1. MyWebs profile image84
      MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You welcome.
      I should have added that certain major web sites like Google, Yahoo... are exempt from the greater than 2 links per hub and repeat links penalty. There is no published list so it is a bit of a guessing game to be sure. I know wikipedia and sxc.hu are white listed.

working