jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Glitch...or Is My Computer Dying?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 6 years ago

Is anyone else having issues with their profile page or the their Hubs?

Every profile page I visit is centered on the page, the fonts are huge & they're completed out of alignment. Same thing with individual Hubs. And there's no advertising at all.

Been this way since mid-afternoon yesterday. I've ran scans & everything comes up clear.

So...is it a Hub glitch or is my computer dying?

1. 0
      selrachposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Everything okay on my pc here in the UK must be your computer.

Hope you get problem sorted cheers

2. Origin profile image59
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Try a different browser. If your using Internet Explorer, try Firefox, and vice versa. It could be that your browser is just bad.

3. Dense profile image65
      Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you're on ADSL/broadband/modem, try turning off the modem, wait 30 secs, and turn on again.
      Also try below:
      Have you checked whether you zoomed in on the page by mistake?
      <Ctrl><minus> in Firefox to adjust. For other browsers, try checking the view menu.

4. SummerSteward profile image60
      SummerStewardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if this is what happened to you or not, but sometimes if I am signed on with my phone and then go to my computer this happens, like hubpages gets confused and tries giving me the mobile browser, I just refresh and usually it goes away..

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Ken, it is ok here as well for me!

3. vhinz316 profile image61
    vhinz316posted 6 years ago

It's okay here in my browser I'm using firefox and Chrome maybe you want to try it on other browser too smile

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

Another thing you might try is to take a look at the font size settings on your computer. 

First click on 'Page' in your IE browser, then look down the drop-down menu and adjust first the text size, and then the zoom settings.

You may also want to run a virus scan (after having cleared cookies and history.)  AVG offer very good free anti-virus software, which I've used for years and never once had a virus.

5. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I was using IE yesterday and am using Firefox today - haven't noticed anything odd here.  Hope you get the problem resolved! smile

6. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone. Here's the deal.

I got a wicked virus called "My Security Engine" - it popped up yesterday with an icon that mimics Microsoft's. It was warning me of a servious worm/bug & to click on it to resolve the issue. Thinking it was a legit function of Microsoft, I did so.

BUT, thankfully, when it went to a page requiring me to purchase a product, I stopped. It is malicious spyware that my McAfee missed.

I am presently running a STOPzilla scan. Hopefully that'll identify it & kill it dead.

I'm also going to try Firefox's browser.