jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

what images and videos can I and can't I use?

1. CraigKeeble profile image78
    CraigKeebleposted 6 years ago

If I'm doing a film review on HubPages, am I allowed to use screenshots of the film that I find through a google image search? Do I need to credit the website I found the image on? Also, can I just use any Youtube video I find as long as I credit the person who made it? I want to add value to my video game and film reviews with images and video, but I don't want to break any laws.

And if the answer to all of the above is no, what should I do?

thanks a lot.

2. ns1209 profile image37
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

I know you can use any youtube video as it automatically links and everything so just add any of them.  For pictures you are meant to *I think* choose copyright free ones but if you want a normal picture include it and say where it came from.  If someone asks you to remove a picture that is theirs that is fair enough and just take it down!  Hope that helps!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right about Youtube.  But crediting the source of a copyright photo doesn't make it legal.

3. CraigKeeble profile image78
    CraigKeebleposted 6 years ago

Okay, I'll make sure to credit all of my images then. Thanks a lot!

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Google has an advanced image search function, which helps you select only images that have been licensed for public use. Why base your hard work on something unlawful; if it gets popular, someone will take notice, and you will have a problem.