jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

UK Election

1. BristolBoy profile image81
    BristolBoyposted 6 years ago

Sorry for non UK people who don't care but the results of the UK poll are just coming in and it is one of the closest polls in decades in which is expected that no party will get a majority. 

Is anyone else watching it?

Also it is shocking that many people were unable to vote despite queuing for over 2 hours before the voting was due to close.  Also it is shocking that at least some polling stations ran out of ballot papers - seems absolutely shocking!  Any hubbers experienced this first hand?

2. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm watching it, from France.  Brilliant so many people got off their backsides to vote, crap that the powers that be were caught not so much napping, as in a coma.  If I had been denied my vote due to such buffoonery I would be hopping mad.  Last election you couldn't have got people to vote even if they got a free burger and fries with their election slip.  Hooray for moat cleaning, duck house building MPs!

1. BristolBoy profile image81
      BristolBoyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well one person has admitted that they were caught out majorly as they didn't expect more people to vote than the last time!  Bit unusual that since this is supposed to be the closest election in years with loads of publicity so of course loads of people will try to vote.

Apparently at the moment it is expected that there will be a hung parliament but then that could change as the night goes on!

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Brown won his seat!

1. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He didn't look that pleased either!

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It looks like a hung Parliament is on the cards. Brown has always hinted he would try to make Parliament work anyway. Not likely to hold is it? A hung Parliament I mean. smile

4. jayjay40 profile image81
    jayjay40posted 6 years ago

Yep, i am watching.  Kingswood a con gain? Boundary changes affecting results I think

5. jayjay40 profile image81
    jayjay40posted 6 years ago

I think a hung parliament is a good idea.....I'll get the rope

6. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

In Canada we've had minority governments lots of times.. they can work.

In fact, some of our greatest leaders were well hung

working