jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

New Google Layout

1. Elijah S profile image77
    Elijah Sposted 6 years ago

Most have probably already noticed the new Google layout. The bar on the left includes a lot of new options and categories, including "Shopping" and "Related Searches."

Here's a link that discusses the changes in-depth:

What do you guys think about all this? How will this affect Hubpages, if at all?

2. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 6 years ago

I don't like it really, to be honest. One of the reasons why I liked Google is that it was simplistic in design.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if the page is heavier to load?
      Once a month my internet crawls and practically the only internet page I can open is google. It will be a huge disappointment to me and others with slow internet connections if it is.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, it is not heavy. Google.com is the same with some change in buttons and a bit of changes on the search results page but its not heavy. I don't like it rite now but I believe we will get used to it soon.

3. ThoughtfulSpot profile image83
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

I'm still not seeing it, so I suppose I'll reserve judgement until then.  But, I do agree with Origin that I like the clean look of Google.  Hopefully this won't muck that up too much.

Some of the left hand options look interesting.  I'll just have to wait and see.

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

I can't find the pay-per-click info on the new Google keywords.  Has anyone managed to locate this?

5. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

No doubt changes....more, really keeps us on our toes and thats a good thing sorta reboots our brains if you will. We just gotta adapt to this as in our line of work it's a must to evolve with the ever changing landscape of the internet world. 

Were just a diverse group of peeps here at HubPages...

6. ns1209 profile image36
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

I don't particularly like the new changes at the moment!