jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How about a HubPages mailbag!

1. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, hubbers would like to discretely contact another hubber. I have had several emails from hubbers. If I 'know' the hubber, I have no problem opening the email. But if the person is unknown to me or new on HubPages, I am not sure that it's wise to open or respond to the email. You just never know.

HubPages could create a feature much like one that is used on Facebook, where private contact can be made without using email. Such a feature would encourage communication between hubbers while preserving privacy, especially when the person making the initial contact is unknown.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Dolores,

First off, nice to see you again. smile Second, I do not think it is necessary for a messaging system, within HubPages for contacting another Hub Writer, other than what is already in place.

If you receive a email from a Hub Writer, beit new or old, and you are not sure who it is, then definitely do not respond to the email sent to you. Opening the email is not a problem, because nothing can be sent via HubPages' email system, such as files or anything else.

Should you receive something in your email from someone you do not know, then do not respond, because responding actually gives up your true email account. HubPages' emailing system is really a streamlined forwarding system, and not a true email system. You can respond, but that is when you true email address is revealed.

To create a messaging system, within HubPages, would more than likely take up more bandwidth than wanted.

Hope that helped. smile

3. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

Oh well, that's too bad because sometimes it seems like it would be nice to respond and kind of rude not to. I didn't realize that it would take up a ton of bandwidth but so it goes. Thanks, Cagsil. There is so much I don't know or understand about the technology, and I really appreciate your pointing these things out.

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

In order to respond without giving your email address, just respond from HubPages - their profile page - a little more time to do it, but not much!