jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Can anyone answer this?

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I was just wondering...how come the links I post on Xomba are indexed much quicker on Google than the actual hub is? Any ideas? Thanks!

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Because you are from Georgia!

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aha! I can always count on wise(ass) words from you, RD! lol

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Less content than the hub, and few keywords allowed, so targeted more than generalized on HubPages.

PageRank, would be also different. Your HubPages Hub will more than likely be of a higher PageRank than Xomba. It might be easier to index the short article you write on Xomba and then link to the original Hub.

Just a thought. I've already learned once in the last 12 hours, that I do not know what I need to know about search engines. So, accept it for what it's worth. Average? Guessing? Speculation?

lol lol

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 7 years ago

Hi habee.
    Perhaps the links have been around much longer than the hub itself, and those same links may be posted on many other web sites.  In other words, the links have gained some value over time as far as Google is concerned.

1. Misha profile image73
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say...

1. timorous profile image92
        timorousposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry Misha;
        How 'bout this: any web page that's been around a while, and has many backlinks to it, is of more value to the search engines than a brand new page with no backlinks.  Thus, that 'link' will rank more highly in the search results than a 'new' web page that contains that link, presumably getting more traffic, all else being equal.

If it still doesn't make sense, either my explanation is poor, or you could do some further SEO research.  That's as far as my understanding takes me..I give up...

1. Misha profile image73
          Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Umm, but aren't Xomba posts created AFTER the hub? And doesn't hub have more backlinks - cause it gets a promotion, not Xomba posts?

1. timorous profile image92
            timorousposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not sure, I don't know how to Xomba.  I'm not much of a dancer. wink

3. blondepoet profile image76
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

It is because of the global warming I think Habee.

4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Okay, BP! That's good...I thought maybe it was Obama's or Bush's fault!

1. blondepoet profile image76
      blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LMAO!!!!!

working