jump to last post 1-25 of 25 discussions (55 posts)

What is your primary reason why you joined in this community?

1. jamesbrownbete profile image60
    jamesbrownbeteposted 7 years ago

Big opportunities are widely open if you know how to write. I want to improve my writing skills and maybe, to earn from it. That's my primary reason why I joined in. Do you have any other reasons aside from sharing to the world whats on your mind?

1. alternate poet profile image77
      alternate poetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

To write and get some kind of response mainly - but also to argue as this sharpens up the creative marinade.

And when I turn to money Hubpages has some of the best advice in hubs that i have seen on the net - and those hubbers are here and answer questions!

2. watchya profile image61
      watchyaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm on holiday for a month. I popped in to have fun with you guys! Not a writer, I'm afraid !  But I can write a poem if necessary.LOL

2. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

My primary reason was to write and learn from other writers. I have met some good people here also though communication.

jamesbrownbeteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How's your dell computer Micheal? I have read some of your post sometime here in the forums. Hope, you're not that so disappointed today. You can have another one with different brand if you want.

3. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

For many reasons including how to write on line, content writing, building a portfolio, relaxing, reading and meeting other people with similar interests.

1. profile image70
      logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not for the humorous hubbers? smile

1. Beth100 profile image84
        Beth100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Only humorous AND handsome ones!  lol (find that to be a hard combo to find these days....though you seem to qualify....)  smile

1. profile image70
          logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm just an ordinary average guy!  But thanks for the compliment!

2. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh by the way Hi Beth ! smile

Hey Tony!  How's our man doing today?  Enjoying your weekend?

1. tony0724 profile image59
          tony0724posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just great thank you my Dear !

smile

4. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 7 years ago

Da monies.

5. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

I just came here to annoy people ! smile

We must love and respect our fellow hubber, aren't we?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's working big_smile

6. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I just came here to make fun of the terribly religious! smile
    Not really... I came here to write, have done so and am loving it! I do get caught up in the forums though! smile

We have almost the same reasons why were here in hubpages. But I am not making fun of those religious. :-) thanks for the comment earnest!

7. trish1048 profile image80
    trish1048posted 7 years ago

I've always loved the physical act of writing, even though this is the modern version.
    After spending many, many years on the internet, and quite a few of those in chatrooms, I finally burned out.
    When my best friend introduced me to HP I was a bit reluctant.  However, that reluctance vanished quickly when I saw how easy this is to do. 
    I love the fact that you can write about anything, and, echoing others, I've met some lovely people on here, so for me, it's a more sophisticated chatroom lol.
    That you can earn money and hone your skills to boot is an absolute bonus, but not the reason I joined.

I like the way you write trish!

8. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 7 years ago

To simply feel productive. smile

That is why your always displaying productive and informative hubs. Your simply great Origin.

9. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I am on HubPages to write about the knowledge and wisdom I've gained, with a willingness to share openly to each person.

Concurrently, I am working on an integrated business model, for which, will bring aid to those who require it. smile

Many have admired to your unselfish knowledge Cagsil. I'm one of those who admired your wisdom most.

10. ceciliabeltran profile image84
    ceciliabeltranposted 7 years ago

I am here to gain readership. as an author, that is handy.

Your hubs are all interesting cecelia!

11. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Because I'd been writing more than my share of freelance articles in areas in which I had no particular interest, I wanted to write what I felt like writing (as a way of having something enjoyable to do in my spare time).  The potential of earning for it was appealing too.  Also, at the time, I was using the requests (now "questions") section as a way of looking for challenges with regard to seeing what I could come up with.

Very nice opinion Lisa! I like the way you speak and share. No wonder why you have 97 author score. I am now your follower.

12. Joni Douglas profile image85
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

I joined because I want to express myself and become a better writer.  I love that we can write about anything we want to.  No more following assignment guidelines.  Everyone is so helpful here.

I'm happy to know that we have almost the same goals here Joni. We will become good writers here. You're already one.

13. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 7 years ago

to meet chicks

There many chicks here in hubpages. Mostly are excellent writers.

14. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

To learn.

As simple as that Jane. To learn! Right?

15. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Hi, I joined for two reasons, one, it's the best site on the internet to write about the things that interest you, and two, I got fed up of tripping over tons of paper, where I was scribbling down anything and everything! I can see my house now, and not just a pile of paper! lol

Without your further explaination nell, I could predict that your hobby is really more on writing. You love it that much, aren't you?

16. dzeydzey profile image61
    dzeydzeyposted 7 years ago

Hi. I joine HubPages to write, read and learn. Still on the process of familiarizing meself with all the features though and I'm liking what I'm getting. smile

Once you get familiarized with everything here, then you can take advantage of its potential benefits.

17. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

If anyone wants or cares to see more of the ladies who take part in the forum community, but have not seen....take a look at my Women Writers hubs. You can find almost all of the ladies, and possibly some you do not know.

(no self-promotion...just giving helpful access to more hubbers)

Ladies or women here in hubpages are all beautiful.  big_smile

18. akirchner profile image95
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

I came here because I was just starting out and I wanted to figure out how to write on the Internet - and get feedback rather than hounding my friends and family constantly 'so what do you THINK?' I think they put a contract out on me after a while....Seriously, no one can understand what it means to write from your heart and not get feedback though - except other people doing the same thing.

Many can understand what it means to write from the heart akirchner! Just believe me. They will...

19. profile image0
    elkeeneposted 7 years ago

To write about my family history and make new friends along the way. I thank AEvans who is one of my closest friends she is the one that told me about the site.

20. Ladybird33 profile image38
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Just to write...period.

Very straight to the point ladybird!

21. Robert A. Harris profile image60
    Robert A. Harrisposted 7 years ago

I am a Writer/illustrator for children books, and am here to connect with parents, and writers/illustrators alike..

22. jacobkuttyta profile image47
    jacobkuttytaposted 7 years ago

to be honest,  I joined here to earn some money, But when I look back, it improved my thoughts and writing as well.

Thanks

23. TMMason profile image73
    TMMasonposted 7 years ago

Just to piss of liberals, progressives, democrats and muslims. Along with a few athiest and arogant know it all scientist types.

Yeah. You know. Just passing time till the great racist American uprising of 2010... or 11... maybe 12, ehem 13 or so, but whatever.

Its all fun.

That's horrible!

1. TMMason profile image73
        TMMasonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not so bad. I know people who spend their days doing alot worse things than that.

Been to Israel lately? Muslims blowing up everywhere. Now that is a horrible thing.

24. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

i was hoping to earn some money from various article websites. Hubpages has been the least productive. I made more money in a week on Redgage, and, have only made half of what I made there so far. Which amounts to less than $10.00

Thanks briman! I got an idea here about redgage as well.

25. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

I joined looking to make money! It took me ages to do so but I liked the place a lot so stuck around!

That's right! Many do the same thing.

working