jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Question about backlinking

1. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Ok I have more than one so here goes.
    1) I have set up my e-mail signature to include links to my sites, are these backlinks?
    2) does google recognize the difference between me doing my own backlinking and someone else posting links to my pages?
    3) if google knows the difference does one way carry more weight than the other?
    That is what I have for now but I am sure many more will follow.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1) No
      2) Possibly - but I doubt you will ever suffer from it
      3) Reciprocal links (Where you have two webpages linking to each other) are worth less than single one way links.

Hope this helps a bit!

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Ohma google loves real links - links given because there is real value in them between site owners of different sites. That's the way it was supposed to be before we all started gaming it.

Everything else is open to speculation, and everyone has their own theories and experiences. And no one really knows for sure.

You bet google knows the difference. Sometimes things work for a while and then the algo changes and they don't work any more.

But real links - they always work. Whether they are one-way or two way.

3. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Thanks Oli
    I was not asking about reciprocal links I mean more like if I post a link at say redgage for one of your articles is there more benefit than if you posted the same link at the same site?

Nelle thank you for responding. I am not sure I will ever figure all this stuff out.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I really don't believe in the value of redgage or shetoldme for lasting value. They might be a temporary shot in the arm. Then eventually google will devalue them for what they are.

But for a short fix, I think they're fine.

Yes I am very old school when it comes to links, and thinks that Google hates games and fake links.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Nelle is spot on in my opinion when it comes to those backlinking techniques.

You do get some benefit from things like she told me, but it is minor in comparison to real links to your own sites.

Internal links definately have value, although again, it is much less than value from a one way link from an external site to your webpage.