jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Not Sure If It's Been Mentioned Before....

1. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Or I can't be bothered to search the forums....LOL!

What about a scheduled hubpage function, much like scheduling a blog post we can schedule hubpages to be published at certain times maybe spread one each day or something....I know this would be a useful hub writing function that could free up a bit of time....for me at least, I could do my hub writing and editing, all in one day and do something else the rest of the week!

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

What difference would it make when or what time a hubpage is published?

waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well you could publish them all on one day, but I was thinking if you wanted to spread them out on days or even times when you know your hubs may get more traffic, certain times of the day may be better for some hubbers....only a suggestion!

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

If a hub is completed, why not simply publish it when done.

What purpose would be waiting? hmm

Just a thought. wink

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is a superstition that if you let your hub "season" it will perform better in terms of hubscore. Has been debunked by the staff several times to no avail. smile

2. waynet profile image47

But what if you write multiple hubpages per day! releasing them all at the same time may not be good in the search engines eyes, so that's also why scheduled publishing may come in useful.

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Could you elaborate on how exactly search engines differentiate between your hubs and hundreds if not thousand others' hubs published the same day? wink

Not sure Maybe my computers IP address, maybe they'll lynch me if I publish all at once!lol!

4. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Search engines?  What the hell would a search engine give a damn how "many" hubs you or any individual publishes at once?

Maybe I am still too ignorant about search engines and their workings. So, with that, I bid you a good day. Nice to see you though. smile wink

Yeah I'm probably reading into something that doesn't exist, SEO propaganda or something!!

Cheers now!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm no expert but I agree with Sunforged - we all make the mistake of trying to apply website-related 'rules' to our Hubs as if they're somehow unique in the mass of HubPages, but I seriously doubt they are.

2. sunforged profile image65
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its something to be concerned with when you have your own domain - tons of content published at once on a new site can trigger a red flag for potential spam (unnatural growth) ...or so they say.

Such considerations arent relevant to a site the size of HP as Misha has pointed out.

Maybe if one was specifically writing to their HP following or publishing in a serial format.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like I said...above, apparently I could be ignorant in the area of search engines and what they do.

But, thank you for clearing it up Sunforged. smile

5. Aya Katz profile image89
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

I hate it when Hal Licino publishes twenty new hubs in the course of ten minutes. I'm one of his fans, and I want to read his hubs, but I don't appreciate how those announcements pile up in my email account.

1. sunforged profile image65
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

change your email from hp settings

6. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I've often thought about this idea.

There are times where I may have several hubs ready to publish, but don't want to publish them all at once. It would be neat to set a date and have them auto-publish.

working