jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you add an 'add this' link in your hub.

1. MakeMoneyGoal profile image75
    MakeMoneyGoalposted 6 years ago

hi all

I am a newbie but an experienced softwre and web designer and I am trying to work out how to add the html for the add this button. you know the one that you can use to promote your page to Facebook, digg, Stumble Upon, etc? See http://www.addthis.com for more info.

Anyway, does anyone know how to do this?

1. Victoria Stephens profile image82
      Victoria Stephensposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From what I understand on here so far, you are not allowed to add HTML features to Hubpages and the add button is considered a feature.  You can only make basic changes to existing HTML, such as <i> <b> your italics and bolds etc

I wanted to use the button myself but restrictions don't allow.  It’s a bit disappointing really because it's a very valuable tool.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I can tell you two simple ways to add links but not the one you are asking about, hopefully this will help until someone with experience of the addthis - will respond.

When you publish a new hub or at anytime after that - go to the bottom of the hub - just above the comments box look for the share this button.

When you click on the 'Share This' button it will link you to your selected site from the ones listed.

The other way - if you scroll to the very bottom of your hub page - look for the link - button and you can link your hubs on related topics through adding them via a links capsule. I use this to add the URL's to other sites.

BTW - You might want to look into the use of the HubPages widget - which is useful on Blogs etc. it updates each time you add a new HubPage.

I am not very good at explaining things in a technical way but hope this helps.

I have seen a recent forum post on something sunforged is working on that I think makes adding such links quicker and simpler.

Hope this is of some help to you and that you enjoy being on HubPages.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

thats an upcoming hubpages function - apparently site wide sometime next week?

Some were included as beta testers ..not me sad

1. MakeMoneyGoal profile image75
      MakeMoneyGoalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the responses.