jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How can i begin an online daily journal?

1. Bex30 profile image60
    Bex30posted 6 years ago

I want to start an online journal that i can share, can i do that with hubpages??

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As WE says, you can use HubPages as a blog but it's not designed for that.

I wrote a Hub explaining in more detail:

2. Dense profile image67
      Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Blogger (easiest to use). Can move to Wordpress, if you need more power/features later.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

A blog is better suited for this purpose. You can get a free blog from Wordpress or Blogger. A blog is easier for you to update and for your readers to follow, compared with HubPages.

But if you want to use HubPages for this purpose, you can. On your profile page, you will find a link to your RSS feed. Your readers can subscribe to this feed, which will keep them up to date about your latest hubs.

If you go this route, you could make a new hub every week, then keep updating that. One each day might be a bit unrealistic, unless you have a lot to say.

3. MsFran profile image61
    MsFranposted 6 years ago

Yes you can use Hubpages, but as they said, it's much better to use a blog.

4. Bex30 profile image60
    Bex30posted 6 years ago

Thanks for your replies ill look into it.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

A blog elsewhere can be used to link to your HP site to help generate traffic. Promoting both sites will help bring traffic and hopefull generate $ for your HP site too wink good luck!

6. 0
    Richard Stephenposted 6 years ago

Yep, a blog really is the way to go.  If you can afford your own domain name and hosting, WordPress is the way to go.  If not, Blogger (www.blogger.com) is free and easy to use.  Good luck with it!

7. getitdone profile image61
    getitdoneposted 6 years ago

I think a blog is definitely the way to go. You might want to look at Tumblr and Posterous. They are both very easy to set up and use. Posterous is great because you can just post to it from your email. I post to it from my phone a lot. It's neat.