jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Accidental clicks?

1. DCnews profile image60
    DCnewsposted 6 years ago

What happens if you accidentally click on your own adsense ads?  Happens sometimes when pages aren't loading properly.

2. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 6 years ago

You are playing with fire, especially if you are new to adsense.

Long term users with thousands of clicks in their history probably are safer as the dodgy clicks are such a small percentage.

If you are just starting out and two of your first five are suspicious you are likely to risk losing your account.

Make sure none of your friends try to "help" you by clicking ads. Many have been banned because of such helpers.

3. aguasilver profile image89
    aguasilverposted 6 years ago

You just have to believe that Google are 100% on top of analysing clicks! - don't do it.

Sometimes I want to see what 'my' ad's are saying.... just go click it somewhere else to find out.

I agree with mcbean as well, play it VERY safe.

4. forlan profile image61
    forlanposted 6 years ago

you should be careful. Do not make a mistake like that

5. andromida profile image74
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

You are talking about accidental click,I guess even a single accidental click needs to avoided,yet if it happens only once unintentionally, then nothing will happen.More accidental clicks means Google will put you on suspicious account list and in the end you lose your account smile

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

A single click every few months is okay, it's pretty obvious when clicks are accidental.

However everytime you make an accidental click, Google have to consider whether you are,

a) Doing it on purpose
    b) Whether it's worth the negative impact your accidental clciks have on the advertisers, compared to the benefit you bring to the Adsense program.