jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

A new question.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago

I know it's going to take a long time and thousands of visitors to make even $50 on here, but I am confused as to why everything is still at $.0.  On my adsense account when I just had a look at it now it asked me if I want to link it to hubpages.  Is it possible it was linked to hubpages and it just asks that every time on that page?  I answered, Yes, I am already signed up for Adsense and yes, please link me to hubpages, but I really thought I already was linked in.  So -- do you think that's why it is still at $.00?  I've had about 600 views.  Or is it still at $.00, do you think, because I'm only signed up for Content on Adsense?  I see there's Adsense for RSS and Adsense for Domains and for Search....but when I looked at those a few weeks ago, they looks risky for viruses.  Does anyone who is knowledgeable have a comment on this, please?
      So I only have 12 impressions.  I'm assuming that means that 12 times people clicked on an ad in my content area.  Is that right?
      I'm signed up for Amazon, too, so all told, I don't see how we make money on here.  I like the writing part of Hubpages, but -- is there something I'm not doing right in the Adsense part?  Thank you for reading this.

1. pisean282311 profile image56
      pisean282311posted 7 years ago in reply to this

once you put ur adsense code in ur affiliate , you would have to login in adsense ,clikc on my account..then clikc on account access..there u wuld have to allow hubpages ,access..if u have done that , ur hubpages would have ur adsense ads..

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Okay, so now maybe I'm set up right.  Thank you.  I'll print this and see by recall and going through it -- maybe I wasn't linked up until last night.

2. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Your impressions are page views and not clicks, so if you are recieving page impressions in your adsense account, then it is linked properly.

I never made any money the first year here, try to promote your hubpages more and write more to connect to them if relevant!

Thank you, Waynet.  From what I've gathered and have read the last couple months, we only get paid for clicks but not impressions, right?

1. waynet profile image49
        waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes we only get paid for clicks, but the higher the views (impressions) you can boost your earnings too.

But just concentrate on building up evergreen pages of content that people would read years down the line....

3. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

You need to make sure that the ads are appropriate to the hub content.  Why would anyone click on lovematch.com (the impression) when your hub is on cancer, for example?  It aint gonna happen, is it?

Hope this helps:D

Shazwellyn,  thanks for that reminder.  And I know there's a place I can go in Adsense and filter what kinds of ads I don't want to receive EVER but now I'll look there and see if there's other filtering I should be finding and using.

working