jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

new hub title

1. salt profile image64
    saltposted 6 years ago

i want to make my hub titles more interesting, Ive been trying to get them to fit a group title and then an individual title... I want one on
    australian.... something and then the individual title, yet I think that is getting dull..

do you write titles like grab lines, or titles to be clear?

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image82
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago

I try to base my title on my SEO words choices.

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

The main heading title should adequately describe what the hub's about, and be clear, concise, but intriguing, and hopefully contain the main keyword(s) you intend to use to attract search engine traffic.  The hub article's (url) name is important for the same reason (choose carefully..you can't change it later).

The subtitles for each text capsule should also be catchy and hint at what's below.  Sorry..can't help you with specifics.  Look up alternative words in a thesaurus.  Be creative.

4. salt profile image64
    saltposted 6 years ago

thankyou a word appeared in my head as others may have been replying.. so thankyou. I was looking for that blend of informative and interesting.. and ive worked out if I dont get it I can use key words and change the title when editing, so its all good.

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I try to use keywords, but make sure that the title tells the reader what they're going to find in the hub.

I use the text capsule titles to break up sections.

Titles should be right to the point.

You don't really want one word titles, like 'bats.' Baseball bats or the animal? What about bats?

* How do bats catch their food?
    * Which baseball bats are better for children
    * Bat species of North America
    * Where to buy the best wooden baseball bat?

You can change the title, but you can't change the URL. Try to keep the URL address short.

1. salt profile image64
      saltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thankyou, that helped alot.