jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How to Advertise Your Hubpage Within the Hub Community?

1. jj12 profile image61
    jj12posted 6 years ago

Sorry if this is a really simple, newbie question. Have just joined, created my first hub - but now what? When I tried to ask for a critique in the hub forum, I had a message saying I was posting a link to my hub and shouldn't really.

Am used to Squidoo where it is acceptable - even encouraged - to ask for a critique for each lens as a way of getting the word out and where you can also join groups.

Am not quite sure of what the accepted policies are here.

Many thanks to anyone who takes the trouble to answer.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You can post links to your hub in the forum thread called Extreme Hub Makeover, which is exactly for getting critique.

There are a few other threads where links are also acceptable. One is the "30 days challenge," publishing 30 hubs in 30 days. And there is one for recommending another hubber's hub.

So all is not lost. Good luck!

1. jj12 profile image61
      jj12posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks Website Examiner - I had actually tried to create a post in Extreme Hub Makeover but had received a warning message about a link in the post (link was just to my hub) and so had backed off as I wasn't sure.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

welcome. it's also a good idea to check out the learning center at bottom of the screen. there are many great ideas about what to do when first starting, also good to read through the HubPages own topic section with lots of good info.
      enjoy, you'll find it's a great place to write and publish.

3. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You are fine to post links in the Extreme hub makeover section!