jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

How do you get followers?

1. money-man profile image76
    money-manposted 7 years ago

http://i43.tinypic.com/116q1pg.jpg

... just wondering how you've acquired the majority of your followers...

1. leeberttea profile image60
      leebertteaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like to tighten mu buns when I walk. Works every time.

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image79
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

When i first started my cult, I asked myself the same question. It's been a little easier on Hubpages though!

3. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

its easy just hang out in the religion forums smile

hope that helps

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hehehehehe

4. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

I think a lot of mine were wandering around in the same random circle I was.... I'm slow, so eventually, they caught up.

big_smile

5. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 7 years ago

Offer them money.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I tried that...They cashed the checks then De-faned Me!
      Death threats on there families have better results....

6. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

Seriously though, don't stress about it.  It just sort of happens.  Forum participation helps... and as you publish, and someone catches a hub title that interests them, you'll gain a reader, and maybe a follower.

The community is great, so I've enjoyed gaining new followers and following others and reading a great deal, but, as many will tell you, if you happen to be here for the cash, don't worry about followers in the slightest... Other hubbers are not where your adsense clicks and Amazon sales come from.

7. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 7 years ago

The real question is, how do you make a cool collage like that?

8. Smart Rookie profile image75
    Smart Rookieposted 7 years ago

They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder." So what I did was, I joined the site and made my first hub in January and then a few forum posts and then pretty much ceased all activity until today.

I'm waiting now for a vast gathering to form around me, but it's kind of hard to announce "Hey everybody, I'm back!" when not only did no one notice you were gone, but no one knew you were ever there to begin with!

To anyone reading this, I instead say, "follow me now while you have the chance - for I may disappear and you'll completely forget about following me!"

I'll report back on how it works out.

9. Mekenzie profile image93
    Mekenzieposted 7 years ago

When you read and like a hubbers style you leave a meaningful, well thought out comment.  Then you join their fan club. Most hubbers will return the favor and come to read one of your hubs .. they will become your follower if they like what they read. Make sence?

1. Mekenzie profile image93
      Mekenzieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

oh ... and if you want to attrack readers .. watch your spelling ... as in sense (above)   LOL

10. Money Glitch profile image87
    Money Glitchposted 7 years ago

I think there is a quote in the movie called the "Field of Dreams" that says, "If you play, people will come."  Same goes here, "If you continue to write more hubs, participate in the forums, and leave quality comments on others' work, they will come." http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif

11. Mekenzie profile image93
    Mekenzieposted 7 years ago

attract .. oh my .. I think it's WAY past my bedtime.  There's no erase button on this forum so I can't take back my misspellings.  I guess I'll just eat this GREAT BIG humble pie right now.  :0)

working