Accolades on your profile page!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 146 discussions (211 posts)
  1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

Hi all -

We have added a new feature to your profile page - Accolades - that shares many different achievements you can reach on HubPages.

Many of these duplicate the milestones that show up in Hubtivity and the HubFeed (hitting certain Hubs, traffic, fans, Questions asked, Answers posted, and other quantifiable markers), while others celebrate different ways people contribute to the site, including:

* Popular: popular among readers, as measured by feedback to their Hubs.
    * Great Discussion Starter: Hubs start great discussions in the comments.
    * Great Commenter: leaves many insightful comments on other users' Hubs.
    * Great HubPages Citizen: contributes to the community by helping our new users in the Forums, voting and/or flagging inappropriate content for our moderators.
    * Engaging Writer: writes particularly engaging Hubs which visitors love to read from start to finish.

(Just hover over each accolade to read a description)

The descriptions are somewhat vague to reflect these accolades' dynamic nature: they will, like HubScore, continue to be tweaked as time goes on.

Also, visitors will be able to leave more granular feedback on your Hubs now (below the thumbs): useful, funny, awesome and beautiful are now enabled. You'll see aggregate numbers of these feedback figures in your profile Accolades, as well. (These are refreshed at least once a day, so give them some time to appear there.)

Go check out your Accolades, and give yourself a little pat on your back. smile

If you don't want these displayed on your Profile...: Please visit your Profile to show the Accolades and Hub-level Feedback to everyone, just to you, or to completely remove them.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. This sounds like a cool feature. Thanks.

2. Dense profile image60
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome! big_smile

3. soni2006 profile image78
      soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just saw this on my profile. This is an excellent feature and gives appreciation to all the hubbers who have done some good work at hubpages. Thanks a lot for starting this.

4. Juelstephen profile image75
      Juelstephenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome addition to a very awesome venue for writers.  I have seen some of the accolades on some of favorite hubbers and felt that the accolades were not only well earned, but feel that dedication should be rewarded, in some tangible way.  This is particularly important for new and aspiring writers.
      Thank you, and keep it coming. smile

5. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is there an accolade for hubpages?  I want to be the first to congratulate and reward you guys big_smile

6. luvintkandtj profile image66
      luvintkandtjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awsome.. I love it!

7. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Face is the index of mind. Same way accolades is the performance of hubber in hubpages.Anybody with me?

8. falcon64 profile image60
      falcon64posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you...great job!

9. Earth Angel profile image60
      Earth Angelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow!! I LOVE this new feature!! It satisfies the child in me that used to work so hard for gold stars!! FABULOUS job!! Go HubPages!! Blessings always, Earth Angel!!

10. jacobkuttyta profile image44
      jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wonderful

Thanks

11. CASE1WORKER profile image60
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So if I work hard, I get a badge!
      yes please!!!!
      oh that we could wear them with pride as my son does on his scout uniform! I only have one badge but i am working hard towards the second( only thing is not really quite sure what badge i am working for)

12. yvens profile image60
      yvensposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's really good to know about all this, I still consider myself a newbie so it's excellent to have all this information available. (makes it easier to juggle work, good quality family life and hubs)

13. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is great! Especially for new hubbers like me. Both motivating and encouraging. Thanks. The medals are cool.

14. Apostle Jack profile image61
      Apostle Jackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good idea all the way.It set goals.

15. Bimendra gun profile image60
      Bimendra gunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

great work

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I just saw these on someones hub - was this hub funny, awesome etc. Then noticed my profile page. I'm awesome. lol!

Thanks Jason and the team. You listened! big_smile

Shout out to Soldier Wesley - hey sargent, you got your medals! tongue

Came back to edit - thumbs ups and awesomes please. I'll be sure to return the hublove wink

1. wesleycox profile image70
      wesleycoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I sure did, you see when you ask you receive.

2. Lifeallstar1 profile image59
      Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I laugh every time I see frogdropping's icon. The enthusiasm it shows is hysterical, then I read what the post and it's like a perfect match. Too funny!!!

3. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 13 years ago

Just checked it out, pretty cool guys. big_smile

4. Joni Douglas profile image81
    Joni Douglasposted 13 years ago

Kind of cool, Thanks!

5. mega1 profile image81
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Incredible!  We were just today discussing this very thing on the forums!  Another wonderful attribute that sets HubPages apart from other sites, giving us milestone credits and accolades!  I mean it.  I find this place so much easier to use than other sites, so much more helpful and I've had so much fun here it is truly a big part of my life now.  and I'm not just sucking up!  Plus I had no idea how wonderful I am!  PLUS today I made it to 99 author score!  wooohoooo!  Thank you staff!  accolades to you!

6. Money Glitch profile image62
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Wow, stepped away for a couple of hours and all kinds of changes have been made.  Looks pretty cool! Love the ideal of being able to indicate funny or awesome hubs... smile big_smile  Thumbs up HP Staff http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0065.gif

7. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

How cool!   Once again, the HubPages staff have come up with a great idea in response to suggestions in the forums.  Love this site!

8. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Very cool feature!

9. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

awesome!!!!! Can't way to go check it out.

10. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

The Accolades are a great idea, and I love the fact that folks can leave messages on our profiles!

Great job team big_smile

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

where is that feature?

Did you see the share/rate bar is different? ..will a new edweirdo special bar arrive?

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
        Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When you leave fan mail for someone you are following, you now have the option to label your fan mail with things like "thanks," "you're funny," and so on. Somebody left you a "good writer" piece of fan mail, as you can see on your profile.

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does "great hubs' really, really have to be there!!!

Its the bane of hubcomments and now its legitimatized by official inclusion ..Im kind of serious

11. Anti-Matter profile image60
    Anti-Matterposted 13 years ago

Great feature. I've only been around a short while but I've been reading that HubPages is always making improvements, now I've seem it for myself.

12. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 13 years ago

I really love this new feature, it kinda makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. I will pat myself on the back, thanks.

Now, can I hug you guys? It's a great improvement!

Thanks for all the work--and digging the new Up/Down banner, too. Much better.

13. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

a m a z i n g!!!! I love it. . I think you guys hit a out of the park homerun with this one!
    cool:

14. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 13 years ago

At first I wondered if this was part of an ad that appeared right above it, but moving my mouse across the section revealed its true nature to me. Very cool! I came here to confirm that this is in fact a new feature.

15. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Wow! If I'm ever down in the dumps, I need only go to my accolades and read how great I am.  (It also taught me how to spell accolades.) Thanx.

16. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Excellent...Now I'm off to see how great I am!

Cheers for this Hubpages Team!!

17. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Thank you HP Team! you are awesome! and just make us look awesome too, (blush) smile

18. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

hahahahaha, I was just commenting on another forum thinking the accolades had been there for a while and I never noticed.  big_smile

19. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

How wonderful!!!!  What a great new feature, kudos to HP , I love it! big_smile

20. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I just noticed and wondered why there wasn't a thread on this, then I saw it at the top. Wow! hubpages you have made me feel good, so thanks smile
    I also had fanned someone earlier tonight, and as I was writing the fan mail saw the other feature where just ticking a box would make that other hubber feel good. WTG!!
    And I agree with Rochelle. It's good to have a reminder of how to spell 'accolades'.

21. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Very cool feature!  I'm actually impressed with my own accolades - who knew?!

I'm off to check out the other changes...

22. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

great idea great design .  well done ! smile

23. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

oh yeah, we're like a bunch of kids with new toys! thanks HP! big_smile

24. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

WAY TO GO STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!

Looks great!!!

Much better layout. I even found the Hubtivity on the bottom profile and fans proudly showing really good move.

Thank you HubPages Staff!!

Just because your an AWESOME group! smile

25. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Now this I do like.

26. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Hubpages rocks!  smile

1. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are awesome! Just one problem - you can't rate any hubs on the hub hopper as "Useful" or "Beautiful" etc... could you add this into the hub hopper? smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good thinking.  We'll do that.

27. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

The other great thing about this  change is that Hubtivity has been moved down. New visitors are more likely to see the new feature.

28. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

I'm liking the Accolades... but I'm curious why near my avatar it says I've been a member for 4 years, but my Accolade says I've been here for 3.  It actually will be 4 years in July 2010.  Is this discrepancy just a funky thing that's going to exist, or is there a way to more closely align the dates?

1. barryrutherford profile image74
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ditto

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF

The number near your avatar  is being rounded to the nearest year, whereas the accolade is strictly whether you have hit the exact 4 year mark. I agree that this inconsistency is awkward, so most likely we'll change it.

29. browsed profile image57
    browsedposted 13 years ago

Wow it is great

30. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Loved it Jason. smile
    Is it possible to integrate this into the widgets we place in blogs and sites (widgets showing latest, hot, best)?
    Best Regards

I think that this is a good idea. I'll add it to the list I keep. Thanks!

31. Cagsil profile image71

Hey SunSeven, I have a widget from HubPages on my blog and it's already has the options of latest, hot and best available. smile

Or are you talking about the accolades themselves?? Just curious. smile

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was curious whether it is possible to combine the accolades and the widget so as it appears either on top or bottom of the panel.

32. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

Wow! This is fantastic! Love this feature.

33. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

I'm glad that the response is overall positive! smile

I will ask Fawntia (who coded the Accolades feature) to answer some of your questions in this thread tomorrow. She, of course, is the authority on how things work on the backend.

Thats great Jason. Will it be out of place if you can include the "Referrals/Referred" button in the Accolades?

34. Mekenzie profile image78
    Mekenzieposted 13 years ago

Love the new feature .. Thank YOU!  Is there a way we can see how people rated us .. VOTE UP - VOTE DOWN .. Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful?

It's really fun to see what 'awards' we've been given and then to evaluate our strengths and see areas where we can improve. Thanks HUBPAGES!

The number of thumbs up or thumbs down that your Hubs have received is a secret, but the other things (useful, funny, awesome, beautiful) are displayed publicly near the bottom of each Hub. For example, on the Hub Is it Cheaper to Eat Fast Food or Real Food?, you can see that the Hub has been voted as 'useful' one time (as of right now). If you go to the author's profile page, you can see a cumulative summary of the praise that all of her Hubs have received. It takes some time for votes to be counted, so if you vote a Hub as 'funny' it might take some time for it to appear on the Hubber's profile.

1. Mekenzie profile image78
        Mekenzieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  Good explanation.

35. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Love the accolades section! Very cool addition.  Thanks HP!

I've wondered about the date issue like Relache.  I noticed that I switched to 2 yrs at about 19 months.  So does that mean I'll click over to 3 years in October when I hit the 2 yr mark beginning my 3rd year?  My accolades shows 1 yr and my profile shows 2.  It'll be 2 yrs in October.

36. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

Very nice, thanks for all the useful improvements and ways to better engage with other writers.

37. Cagsil profile image71

I do have a couple questions.... The accolades are manually added by staff or automatic?

Second, I was just looking a KCC Big Country profile (HI KCC!), and found the accolade for Answer questions??

Is that for writing hubs about questions answered or just answering questions?  I am going on the impression it is about writing hubs as answers to questions. But, if I could get a more informative answer, it would be great.

Thank you so much for all that you do. It's wonderful! smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's for answering the questions found on "Answers".  I have posed over 300 questions and have answered over 10 myself.

Which I believe is writing a hub in response to the question, not a quickie answer.  I hate that we even have the quickie answer as an option.

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF

The accolades are not added by staff; they are automatic.

KCC Big Country is correct that right now, only Hubs that answer a question are being counted. But I'm about to change that so that the shorter responses are also counted (sorry KCC Big Country)!

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL.....can they be counted separately?  I hardly think someone with a two word silly reply deserves the same credit as someone who took the time to write an entire hub on the topic.  Just my 2 cents.  smile

1. Whitney05 profile image83
          Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second this. There should be a difference in answering question by just a few lines and answering with a full hub. It would give people more incentive to write hubs from the question instead of just a short answer. That's what the page was initially intended for anyway... Give people ideas to write hubs on, not a Yahoo Answers bunch of crap questions on opinions and short answers. :-/

38. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

Great feature!

I went to the profile page before the forums, and thought it was an ad!

39. Cagsil profile image71

The answers were written into Hubs. Yes or No?

As for posting 300 questions my dear friend, I do not think I will reach that. lol  I am more of a person who likes the challenge of answering questions. lol

Use the "make a hub about it" button smile

40. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

This is great.

I initially thought they are new ads. I think I need more ads in that page.

41. Mike Lickteig profile image75
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

I like the new features very much, it is a nice addition to the profile pages and comments.  Thanks for the new look!

42. elayne001 profile image80
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

Impressive addition. Hubpages just keeps gettin' better an' better! Kudos to all involved in makin' it happen!

43. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

These features are so cool. Just checked them out and they are truly fantastic. Thank you Jason and the HubPages Team. You guys keep making these awesome changes smile

44. oderog profile image47
    oderogposted 13 years ago

ACCOLADES a great feature and also act as an encouragement tool when things are down be it traffic or earning, you can still turn to your ACCOLADES and see your past success, you need your past success as a source of encouragement to achieve more success in the future

1. soni2006 profile image78
      soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you oderog. Our past success encourages us to work more and more and become successful again.

45. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 13 years ago

Much added value, quite interesting seeing the new features on my profile this morning. I really commend the HubPages team for this development.

46. E. A. Wright profile image72
    E. A. Wrightposted 13 years ago

I like this change, and I've already started using the "useful" button.

47. humagaia profile image58
    humagaiaposted 13 years ago

Like it! How about a top HubScore reached - that would fit nicely with my HubTonners Hall of Fame.

48. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 13 years ago

Love this feature, a little boost for my ego lol. It really looks well designed, Thanks Hubteam I am taking a screenshot never recieved so many medals in one go. lol.

49. tonymac04 profile image72
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

I like the look of the new profile page very much indeed! Thanks to the Hub Team for the constant improvements.

50. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 13 years ago

Great new idea - love it smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)