jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How do I make freinds with common interests?

1. romper20 profile image86
    romper20posted 6 years ago

I just joined Hub pages, and overall I love it. Being payed for it is just a plus to me. But I realize the more people you know and are following the more traffic you get.

Is this true?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I follow very few people other site authors, and the traffic I get from HubPages is minuscule compared to what comes from the search engines.

2. Nady profile image83
      Nadyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm new here, and I think the same thing too. I guess you need to read hubs and comment, also reply to whoever comment on your hubs.
      From time to time check forums,ask questions or even just reply to questions.
      The bottom line : is to be active, and show yourself

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

In the beginning, most of the people who will be traveling to your hub is hubpages members. Should take an active part, such as reading hubs and leaving comments, posting to the forum and asking questions for interaction, then you will get more viewers to you hubs.

Hope you have fun and enjoy the people here. Try to not take anything personal, especially the political and religious forums.

Otherwise, effort on your part is key. smile wink

3. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

I am new here also - but it quickly becomes clear that few people will visit your pages unless you go visit theirs first and leave comments - this is fair and reasonable I guess; if you want loads of followers then you have to get on a serious a**-******g campaign and leave luvvy messages on every site big_smile  You can show your 'qualities' or whatever by becoming active in these forums, people sometimes come see your hubs if you make some comment that jingles their bells.

Good luck with it all, loads of hubs on here about how to do it all, and a great community of people who rarely agree with each other but are fun doing it, mostly.

so if you visit my hubs I will play with yours . . .    big_smile big_smile

4. 4x4 profile image80
    4x4posted 6 years ago

That's part of it as you get visits from hubbers and could help promote each other's hubs.

The bigger task is to promote outside of Hubpages and though your friends would help you on what to do, you should do most or all of the work yourself. A thing that I am beginning to find out as of late.

I do know that there are a lot of truly great hubbers out there. And a few who are always there to lend a hand. Just ask and they will be there for you.

God bless!

5. angela_michelle profile image93
    angela_michelleposted 6 years ago

Honestly, what I do to get people who are similar to me, is when I write a hub, I search that topic and read other people's hubs. The ones I like, I follow them. They in turn usually start following me. I look forward to reading many of these people's hubs and comments the most! I figure if they write about similar topics, we probably have more in common, and not surprisingly in some cases we do! I have really grown to love hubpages after only 3 months of being on here. lol!

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

A warm welcome to both newbies!