10,000 views, 100 followers and bugger all in the Bank

1. iantoPF profile image87
    iantoPFposted 6 years ago

That might seem like a gripe, but it's not, in fact it's almost a boast.
    I'm in the very fortunate position, especially these days, that I don't need to write to keep the lights on so I'm free to write about the things I enjoy and the things that interest me. I don't have to worry about key-words or layout I just write the stuff in such a way that *I* keep reading it because I enjoy what I write. There's a freedom in that.
    A cursory glance at my stats will show that I don't venture into the forums that much, I don't try to advertise my work here on Hubpages because, lovely people as you are, I want my stuff to reach out to a wider audience, though I am an avid reader here. I wrote a Hub on swear words because of a post. I wrote a spoof on online scams because of a thread that Dale started and the religious views inspired me to write Hubs on books of the Bible, the Christian Religion and Hubs on my own spiritual path. One day I intend to write a lot of books and this is the experience and education that I need.
    Truth is I wouldn't have half the followers I have if it wasn't for Shadesbreath reading one of my Hubs by accident and liking it so much he read the rest and then told the forums about me. I am very grateful to him for his encouragement, in fact I wrote a Hub about Hubbers who help me. Some of them still don't know how valuable they are.
    So I want to make it known that I have reached a personal milestone, not in wealth but in appreciation shown by the number of friends and the number of views. I know that in time I will make an obscene amount of money from this craft but no amount of money could buy the joy that comes from being read and approved.

1. Dense profile image68
      Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have some interesting hubs, iantoPF. Think it was the swear words hub that I first noticed. I needed a new hero to take over from the late George Carlin. wink