jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Accolade categories

1. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 7 years ago

I don't know what ALL the possible accolade categories are, but can I suggest a "charity"  accolade?  This accolade would go to the hubbers who brings attention to an issue and possibly brings about change through hubbing.  I am speaking in reference to Tobey100 and his hub on the flooding.  Maybe charity is not the right word.  A word suggesting promoting change may be more appropraite.  (I aplogize if there is already a list of accolades out there that I missed!)

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Ms Chievous, nice to see you again. How are you today?

On another note, if you would like, check out my profile page, and the check out KCC Big Country profile page.

See the assortment of accolades and check out the pop-up that explain each. It might give you an idea? smile

I hoped that helped. smile

3. sunforged profile image73
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I think the accolade system is completely automated.

How would an algorithm detect topic/effectiveness of social change?

Perhaps, some user/reader submitted accolade awards would be fun?

But, thanks for bringing attention to Tobey100, Im off to learn more.

4. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I just found out something else different which I love. now we can sumbit fan mail to someone we follow if we didn't do it when we first followed them. cool, huh?

1. sunforged profile image73
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I saw that but it didn't trigger as new - that is a welcome addition.

What about this quick comment feature? I dont accept "great hub" comments, now there is a quick link to write "great hubs" as fan mail!

Is this some kind of sick joke, lol!

2. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Umm, did I run a different version of HP? I could always submit a fanmail at any time  - provided it was not submitted before...

As for the original question - I agree to SF, I don't think it's possible under the current setup.

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
        rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

maybe I missed it before misha. I don't recall it being where it is before, it's easier to see now on their profile.

5. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Rebekah, you could do that by defanning and re-fanning them. lol lol  But, it is nice to see that you can do it without de-fanning them. smile wink

6. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 7 years ago

Oh! Automated!  Ok then nevermind then.. just a thought..
    So the Accolades take place of the milestones so to speak...
    Thanks all..

@ Casgil.. doing fine today thanks..

7. Whitney05 profile image65
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

That would probably just fall under the contributes to the community accolade

working