jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Book Review tags or keywords

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image81
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

I've attempted 2 hubs that are book reviews.  I enjoyed writing them both, as I love to read, but neither has really gotten any traffic... and the scores are lower than I'm used to seeing.  It was my first attempt at book reviews, and I'm wondering if I've missed the mark somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and any tips on what sort of keywords and tags to use with this type of hub would be great.

Thank you.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Book-Review-I-a … -President

2. goldenpath profile image82
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Great question!  I've started a series and already posted a couple product evaluations.  No spectacular events yet.  I'm still researching the keyword thing as I obviously am still clueless on optimizing my keywords.

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image81
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its fairly new to me too.  I've got author names, titles, plus some generic stuff like "book review" "children's book review" etc.  But, I'm not driving any traffic to them. 

When its more of a technical, or home improvement article, etc., I'm starting to figure out the keyword game, but a book review seems so straighforward... But, unless someone is looking for the particular book I am reviewing, I'm not sure how to get them to my hub.

Eh.  Maybe someone else has some better ideas... I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

3. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Hello ThoughtfulSpot....I know exactly what you mean.  I enjoy writing book reviews too and I've published a couple here on Hubpages. 

They're on armchair travel which is a very popular genre, but I get very little traffic.  A few people have left very nice comments so they enjoyed them but I too am at a loss to know what to do with them!

Its such a good question.  I will follow this thread with interest.

4. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

I feel folks read more on impulse more and more these days as busy lifestyles really aren't conducive to searching for reviews.  I did many book reviews on Squidoo a couple years ago and they never got much traffic nor ever made money.  It's a fun thing to do but maybe not a good money maker.  Just my experience.

Peace smile

5. ThoughtfulSpot profile image81
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

Thanks all for the commments.  I'll probably keep doing them as I get a chance to read (which isn't often) because they are easy and fun for me... but maybe I just shouldn't expect too much out of them.

Katiem2- That's a really good point.  I used to go browse the bookstore or library, and ask the people there for rec's and look around online... but, now I'm more likely to pick up a book that catches my eye at the grocery store - if I have time to read at all.  I guess I'm not alone.