Static or Dynamic Hub Pages

1. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 6 years ago

In the context of static or dynamic, and how you believe it ranks in search engines, which do you believe is better?

Static = You DON'T have any automatically generating information in your hub (ie, the news section)

Dynamic = You DO have automatically generating content in your hub (ie, the news section)

I've grown up being taught that pages with static content will always win out over pages with dynamic content, since search engines would want pages that don't change, so the content which is proved to be reliable due to backlinking isn't constantly changing for better or worse.

Anyhow, whats your thoughts on it? I'm still old school I guess, I prefer static pages, perhaps it's just by habit or something though.

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I prefer a mix of both, if you write a how to type of hubpage for instance, it will be evergreen content anyway and so traffic should come quite regularly to it for years to come and so the static nature of the hubpage makes it that way.

But also a cleve mix of RSS feeds and news capsules between your own hubpages that are relevant, really do boost traffic and search engine rankings as the interlinking is there for when updated content occurs!

2. Csjun89 profile image75
    Csjun89posted 6 years ago

Hubpages seems more of a static page, but search engine do like slowly changing pages