jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Individual hub scores and euthanasia

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

I'm trying to decide when to put a particular hub or two out of their (and my) misery.  I need a few good suggestions as to what the cutoff point should be.  I'm thinking a score of 60 or below means the death penalty.  I don't what a bunch of decrepid hubs hanging around just to be able to say I've got so much in volume.

1. Ohma profile image80
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The most common answer you are going to get is NEVER delete ALWAYS edit, and I agree. You just never know what is going to pick up and when. If you do not like some aspect of the article you can always change it.

2. watchya profile image60
    watchyaposted 6 years ago

Kill them ! LOL

tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A hubber after my own heart!

1. watchya profile image60
        watchyaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL I'm not a hubber yet. But I'm for the killing big_smile

Dang, even better!!!   tongue

Like to join ? tongue

Join????  hmm

Would you like to join me ?

In the killing ! big_smile

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I would say either re-write, edit or re-shape the Hubs on the topics. I disagree with killing or deletion of hubs. Not everyone is always interested in the same topics, but there are plenty of people who will be looking for something on the topic and if you at least covered it pretty good, then you get views and possibly clicks.

Plus, remember, you do not only get paid for clicks, but also views(at a low fee, but still adds up).

So, I would change whatever hub it is about or work on keywords + SEO, to make the hub better.

Just my thoughts. smile

You're probably right.  I think I was just giving in to my lazy side!

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I have almost no Hubs with scores in the 60s anymore, due to going back and fixing them. 

Deleting a Hub loses any backlinks or status with the search engines.  And search engines love when you go back, add content and make something better.

That's just my $0.02...

5. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

I sometimes do kill off Hubs, especially if they're old or irrelevant. The most mass deletion occurred when I put my unFiction thing on the back burner for awhile.

The only suggestion I have is to save all your work as an HTML file and back it up for future use--you just never know when it may come in handy again!

But I agree with relache--spicing up a Hub and changing the tone and content is a great idea, too. This is a world of zero archive and revisionist history, after all. wink

6. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

I agree with the mass opinion here... edit rather than delete.  I need to go over several of my earlier hubs and try to get them up to par. 

I do have a few that I've written for pure personal fulfillment, and those, I don't worry about where the score is.  They just hang on at the bottom of my list and make me smile.

Ixxy - "Revisionist History", eh?  Interesting... I think this phrase may sum up all my fears about the fact that people seem to do 90% of their research on Wikipedia.

7. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Excellent advice form excellent sources.  I'll delete them

(Just kidding)  tongue

8. Money Glitch profile image87
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

I agree with the majority, edit,edit, and edit again, rather than delete always.

But, I would like to add in one more tidbit. If they are seasonal hubs like many of mine, just, "ignore them until the season comes back around." I.e. not many people are searching for "Christmas gifts" right now. smilebig_smile

working