jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Kontera

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

I received a denial notice from Kontera based on my site being "offline."  What does that mean? Can I fix that problem myself?

The day before, the Kontera boxes were all over my site. Today they are gone.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

If they are referring to the website you have mentioned on your profile page, indeed it does appear to be offline. More specifically, it looks like a parked domain without any relationship to the contents that you claim on your profile page. Googling the address directs to what appear to be the correct page, but entering the URL directly does not seem to be working.

6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying to my question.

I don't know tech terminology well so does parked mean my site is not set up to interface with the internet? Please explain.

How did my site become a parked domain. I think I may have made a mess of everything when I entered the  kotera Id number on the site profile. I did not enter  URL information from Kotera on my site. Could that be the problem that makes me appear to be parked.

Thanks!

3. profile image0

You are welcome.

A "parked domain" usually refers to when someone does not want to use their website for a period, they rent it out for advertisement purposes. I believe it happens via a form of redirect. When I visited the URL to which you are referring on your profile page, what I saw was a page without any contents other than a lot of links - which looks exactly like a parked domain. I had apparently gotten redirected to this address: <snipped>

I then tried to Google the same URL, and by following one of the top links, I arrived at your site, apparently with the appropriate content.

I tried to open the URL again just now, and this time it loaded the correct site. Chances are the problem may have fixed itself.

That sounds a lot better. Does that mean I can go back to Kotera and request access again?

Would it be best to take the other web site off my profile. It seems to be causing problems for me.

4. profile image0

I have no firsthand experience with Kontera, but seems to me that simply using your HubPages profile page would be the safest bet to get you approved. Hopefully, the fact you have only published one hub will not be a problem (Adsense likes to have a few more hubs).

http://hubpages.com/help/kontera

thanks again!

2. profile image60
      ashish5431posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I got this message from kontera, what does this mean?(i am using wordpress and my site name is hackerreloaded.com)

Dear ahsish, Thank you for applying to Kontera. Unfortunately, your account with Kontera has been denied due to the fact that your site does not meet our publisher qualification that can be found at publisher guidelines. Denial Reason: Offline.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

HubPages ceased using Kontera in June 2011.

working