Old Hubs, New Hubs And Questions

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

First of all, I am in the process of upgrading hubs. I have had to unpublish them because there is nothing I am aware of that takes care of the interval between unfinished editing/revision and the finished hub. When a hub is revised and republished, what happens to it online? Is it updated by Google to reflect the changes/any new material? I revised a hub about Crooked Island and added a new word to the title. When I searched for Crooked Island, this hub was on the first page and in the third spot. But I do not see any substantial change in traffic.Also I saw some sponsored ads which would be a better suited on the  hubpage  as it is related instead of some I see there. Do I have to link to those sites to benefit?

My second question concerns new hubs. Again,there is nothing to accommodate the interval between start,somewhat fininshed[incomplete] and Done Editing/Publish.I may be done editing the first two capsules of text and have two more to go.My computer may misbehave and give me some oops! when I try to save the capsule or hub. What do I do for the limbo stage when I am done editing a part of the hub but I am not ready to publish it yet because it is still incomplete?

I have more questions but this is getting long so I will start a new thread.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I usually do all my editing in one session so I don't unpublish, I just do my editing.

The page will be upgraded next time Google crawls HubPages.

You "save unpublished" the first time - after that you click "done editing" every time, until you're ready to hit Publish.  During all that time until you hit Publish, it's invisible to everyone else so there's no need for anything to "cover" that period.  If you're concerned about losing your work, write it in Word first then paste it into the capsules.

2. L3B0 profile image81
    L3B0posted 6 years ago

I also just go the whole thing at once, editing, reviewing etc....why not do it while I'm in the mood you know.