I'm about to backlink to my blog. Question

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image84
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years ago

I have a website planned, but not ready yet to build, so I've decided to add my blog to be linked in through Adsense.  I've got that part figured out and done (I think.)

Here's my question:  I was going to link a word here and there (maybe five of them throughout the 16 month blog) to link with five or six of my hubs.  Does it matter whether I put the linked word into the blog and then add the url for the particular hub -- or is it better to make a blue word in wone of the hubs and add the link to the blog?  Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks.

1. MyWebs profile image79
      MyWebsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I am understanding your question correctly it sounds like your asking is it better to link from your hubs to your blog, or vice versa, right?

Which way you decide to take it would be based upon your goals. Do you wish to drive traffic from your blog to your hubs, or the other way around? I would suggest doing only one or the other, but not both. While you could do both, what you would have then are reciprocal links which are not as good as one-way links from a SEO perspective. By only linking from one to the other your creating one-way links.

If you decide to link from your hubs out to your blog your going to be limited to 2 links per hub and you won't be able to do it in too many hubs without your author and hub scores getting penalized. If you choose to link from your blog to your hubs you can do this as much as you like.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image84
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, good.  That's exactly the information I needed!  And I've been reading a lot of articles (e.g. Mark Knowles' articles and others) so I know this is like a drop in the bucket of what needs to be done if I'm in this for the long haul.

2. angela_michelle profile image95
        angela_michelleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you that was helpful!

2. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I just started an at home business and thought about doing a journal in my blog about the success or lack of success I have.  I was going to backlink it in my hub.  Should I?

1. MyWebs profile image79
      MyWebsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say the same thing again, it depends upon what your goal is? I believe most hubbers who setup a blog use it to drive traffic to their hubs, but a few do the opposite. There is no right or wrong choice here. It all depends on what you wish to accomplish.

If your trying to drive traffic from your new blog to your hubs then your also going to need to get some incoming links to your blog so it has traffic to pass on to your hubs.

I just work the social bookmarking sites to try and get enough link juice flowing to my hubs to rank well for my keywords and don't worry about blogging. To each his/her own though....

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
        Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would like to do both

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it's a hub about the business, and the blog is to update your progress in it, maybe it would be suitable to add an RSS feed to your hub from your blog.

But I don't know a darned thing.

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
        Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand RSS feed sad

1. Anesidora profile image59
          Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An RSS feed will show posts from a specific webpage, on another webpage.

I just figured it out myself, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I think there are two ways an RSS feed can be helpful in getting you increased traffic.

So let's say I wrote a hub about fashion. I'd include an RSS feed from a popular fashion blog or website. On my hub it would show up as intros to the last few postings on that blog or webpage, however many you set it to show in the RSS feed module.

Number one, the RSS feed would be constantly updating my page, prompting search engines to keep reindexing my page. Which I guess helps keep your page more in the front, and not being left behind as dated material.

Number two, the RSS feed is linking your hub to a popular, successful, established blog or page -authoritive sites, they call them- in the same field, industry or topic area as your hub content was about, sort of reenforcing the legitimacy of your hub. Search engines read it and go "oh she's linking to vogue. must know what she's doing, rate her up". Type of thing. Sort of. I think.

RSS feed is kinda like a news feed, but all of the 'news' comes from one specific blog or webpage which you specify.

1. figment profile image76
            figmentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)