jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

links showing up in the content of myhubs

1. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I have links showing up within the content of my hubs, and they only seem to be visible to me when I am not signed in.  They appear to be from AT&T and others.
    Please check this out for me and let me know what I can do for I dislike having them there.
    The last hub I saw them in was
    The Lifestyles of the Poor and Homeless

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Those sound like Kontera ads.  Are you someone else's referral?  I know my Kontera ads run on the Hubs of those who have signed up under me, as part of HubPages impression sharing program...

3. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I didn't get refered by anybody, I stumbled upon hubpages by myself, looking for a way to post up some of my stories.  Anyway, I have been coming here for over about 9 months and this is something new.  Only began happening this week, although after going and looking again, they are kontera ads.  Can I find out whos and why?  and, should I change my password?  It would seem to me that they could only be placed there while I am in edit mode, no?

4. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I looked at your hubs..they are Kontera ads.

I was under the impression you HAD to have intentionally allowed those to show on your page. Hit 'edit" and check to see if you have the kontera box checked.

..and you could be someones referral, but I would hope that has nothing to do with unauthorized advertising appearing on your page.