jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where are my adverts?

1. jenblacksheep profile image83
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

When I look at my hubs, none of them have adverts on them and I can't work out why. On my google account it says I need to verify my PIN number, and I have requested a new one because I lost it, but it says I should still be displaying adverts.

Any ideas?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I looked at a couple of your hubs, and some of them do display advertisements. With respect to those that do not, most likely the hub has been set to "non-commercial," then "none" as far as displaying ads. So you can change that.

Your browser may have an ad blocker, so that you cannot see them. In any event, the ads should be served regardless of the status of the Adsense account.

You not having verified your PIN number will have no bearing upon displaying ads, and should not affect your earnings either. It is merely a matter of when payment can be released to you.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I would say you are using an adblocker or AVG antivirus used to block my adsense ads! they are probably there so we can see them, but not you! smile

4. jenblacksheep profile image83

Thanks guys, I wondered if it was just settings on my computer. Haven't changed anything recently as far as I know, and I always used to be able to see them. I was just a bit concerned because I haven't earnt anything for months. I'll double check everything.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I do not have an ad blocker running, and I can confirm that several of your Hubs do not appear to be running ads.  Those same Hubs also do not have any outgoing links.  I'd suggest that you go see if you turned the ads off on those Hubs, as that's the conditions necessary to do so.

And you absolutely won't earn from AdSense until you get that account confirmed with a PIN.

6. jenblacksheep profile image83

Is that a new rule about outgoing links? Because my hub that earnt me the most money now has no adverts and is not earning anything. I've not really used hubpages for a couple of months for various reasons so I don't know if there have been any big changes, but I was definitely earning a little up to March and now I'm not earning anything at all.

Also, does Amazon count as outgoing links?