jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do Hub Scores Naturally Increase Over Time?

1. 4FoodSafety profile image87
    4FoodSafetyposted 6 years ago

Hub scores - yes, I have read it but it is confusing.  I look at some Hubbers who have been around for 2 years and their score is through the roof with little or no activity - it is mainly the Google traffic building over time?

4FoodSafety is rather dry information - will this penalize my score?  The textbook stuff - is it appropriate here?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think what you are asking about is the "hubber score" (author score), not the hub score (individual hubs).

The author score is supposed to be an indication of trust, not traffic to individual hubs. But sure, many visits to a hubber's profile page could be relevant, and with longer stay and better indexing, those views could grow. Otherwise, it is not really a matter of how long you have been here, but whether or not you have contributed actively to the community. There are long-standing members with very low scores. In general, those who have been here longer have many forum postings, asked and answered questions, and so forth, so that would tend to elevate the score.

You writing on a "dry subject" will have no adverse bearing on your author score at all. Be active in the community, and your score should grow.

3. MisCook profile image60
    MisCookposted 6 years ago

So the best thing to do in order to increase a hubber's score is to participate in forums, read other hubber's hubs and comment, follow those hubbers that you like and write interesting hubs! smile

4. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The hubscore system is a mysterious and strange score method in which man was not meant to enter tongue

5. 60
    Bigdaddy2000posted 6 years ago

Is is possible by posting to many hubs in close proximity of time will hurt my hub score?