jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Sharing some thoughts on who reads our hubs

1. Jerilee Wei profile image92
    Jerilee Weiposted 6 years ago

Having been on hubpages for nearly two years, I've noticed a lot of people come and go and so many of those who haven't been here awhile, not realizing the gift that being able to write hub articles can be in terms of reader recognition, establishing a presence on the internet, being an online portfolio of one's talents.  Here's one recent example for those of you who are artistic and also write -- I published a hub months ago about science and used some of my own artwork as a picture -- months later, NPR's staff asked permission to use my artwork -- so I'm just saying you never know who is really paying attention and reading what you write -- http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … =125730340

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

That is so true, Jerilee!  Congrats, and thank you for sharing.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

interesting.  good 4 u.  like the art btw!

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

That's awesome!  Grats.  smile

I'm still waiting for Random House to discover me and offer me a multi-book contract and several hundred thousand per year based on my vampire spoofs.  So far, nothing, but I'm not giving up hope!  lol.

Seriously, though, that's very cool!

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

that's wonderful for you! and awesome artwork!

I try to always keep that in mind when writing. I love the idea of having a great portfolio of different topics.  I love the new keyword feature to see how people find our hubs. I think it's going to enable us to build a lot on our existing hubs and branch out more if we choose. I've told my friends that you can read quality articles on HP covering just about every possible topic.
    It's amazing the quality of writers that are here.

your hubs are very well written Jerilee. congrats.