jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Include Interesting in the Feedback

1. angela_michelle profile image93
    angela_michelleposted 6 years ago

I love the new feature of being able to put either "funny," "useful," "awesome," or "beautiful." There are many I want to put interesting. I usually tag it awesome or useful, but I think interesting is more fitting. Like useless information that is fascinating. Maybe that would fall under the awesome... but I think interesting captures more of what I want to rank it.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like that idea, too. Even though it seems a bit pale next to words like "Awesome" (I never say that in person) and I accept 'interesting' as being  nice and affirmative. Could even be "very interesting".

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Thought-provoking" might be a good addition. There are a lot of Hubs I don't find awesome, funny, useful, or beautiful, but they do challenge my thinking, and those Hubs I'm likely to leave a comment on, but not rate them according to the current choices.

2. E. A. Wright profile image88
    E. A. Wrightposted 6 years ago

Maybe interesting was left out because it's so generic (and it's a step below awesome).

But, then again, I really have been stumped on how to label certain hubs that are thought-provoking (but not "funny" or strictly "useful.") Then there are those that emotionally touching, either sad or inspiring (but not "beautiful.") I've just rated these ones up and felt like I wasn't doing these hubs justice.

"Fascinating" might do...

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

intellectually animating,
      Cerebeley stimulating,
      delightfully confusing,
      not too bad,
      better than nothing,
      there are so many possibilities--
      Leave it as it is for now.
      I am finding out that I am funnier than I am useful (always suspected that) and I am occasionally awesome, which is somewhat suspect.

1. Pandoras Box profile image81
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hah! I like your choices.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Perhaps "interesting" was not included as it doesn't carry much weight as a positive connotation.  The other words do.

4. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure what the point of this feedback is. Since it was introduced, I'm seeing some input on my Hubs and those of others, but it all feels like pats on the back; in other words, this feedback is nice for the author, but what value does it give a potential reader who happens to look at that info before reading a Hub or a reader who wants to make a selection after reading?

Perhaps the point is to drill down on a positive experience, as in, why was the experience positive? Even so, what's the point of that? There are already measures out there to capture positive potential, as in HubScore ratings. In addition, there are descriptors of the potential value of a Hub to a reader, descriptors contained in the tags, categories, and groups features which refine the class or intent of the Hub (funny=humor; useful=how to; awesome=pointless (I agree with Rochelle); beautiful=pointless (totally subjective).

But I suppose the Team has something in mind. It's just not apparent to me what it is.

5. maggs224 profile image91
    maggs224posted 6 years ago

I think that thought provoking and interesting would both be useful additions.