jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Links

1. TheMorellGroup profile image59
    TheMorellGroupposted 8 years ago

Can I add a html link to my hub for a product

2. BIG Mike profile image59
    BIG Mikeposted 8 years ago

To add to this question - I used a Links Capsule at the bottom of an article with 4 links. These go to four of my websites, all of which are commercial. Is this allowed or am I screwed? LOL.

In looking through the help files (yes some people actually read them), it seems like it's OK, but then I hear conflicting comments from different folks.

1. embitca profile image88
      embitcaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The rule is that the links should be directly related to the Hub. Since the Hub you're talking about is a Bio hub and not about a particular product, the links are probably not appropriate there. It would be best to move them to your actual profile. Actually the whole Hub would be more suitable for your profile than a hub, but it probably doesn't matter too much at this point.

The rule is 2 links out to any one domain, but having four commercial links in your hub -- even though to different domains -- is definitely ignoring the spirit of the rule, if not technically breaking it.

1. BIG Mike profile image59
        BIG Mikeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Can I ask then why four textboxes are included to post links?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
          Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can have as many links in a hub as you want, as long as you don't have more than two links to any one website.  So, if you link to marsha.com (for example), you don't want more than two links in your hub to marsha.com.

Is this what you meant?

1. BIG Mike profile image59
            BIG Mikeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Stacy,

Yes - I'm just trying to learn my way around as I'm a newbie here and don't want to break the rules. It's those subtle little things I'm trying to get a feel for smile

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If the written content on your hub is not your own (copied from elsewhere) then yes, you are screwed big_smile

On the flipside, if you have written the content yourself, it shouldn't be a problem. And provided all the links are on topic.

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

"HTML

You can not add HTML, any form of HTML, into a hub capsule.

No affiliate code, no HTML code that Amazon gives you... nothing.

It will not work in a hub.

HubPages does not allow HTML to be used.

The same goes for javascript."

Source: http://hubpages.com/hub/capsules

4. BIG Mike profile image59
    BIG Mikeposted 8 years ago

Let me clarify if I may - the rules state:

linking to products or services unrelated to a Hub's content

My Hub does mention the related sites

including more than 2 links to any one domain

I've not linked more than once to the same domains

working