jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I am new here.

1. 0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 8 years ago

I am new and am aiming to build up enough income to match the income I could get in a typical part time job.  It appears that authoring articles here would be a feasible way to do that and also help people (internet viewers) who need advice but do not have the time to do the research to obtain it.

I am very shy, (even on the internet), so in any case here I am.

I have read up for a few days now on longtail keywords and am anxious about writing my first hub on anything (I do not know why exactly).

I also wonder if coming up with your own longtail keywords independent of any longtail program (imagining longtails and then putting them down), is viewed as being of "use" by anyone here.

So anyways,

2. chantelg4 profile image81
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Hi and welcome to hubpages. I think your enthusiasm is great! Don't be shy here, be yourself. If I am understanding you correctly about the long tail keywords, if income is what you want then I suggest researching and not inventing keywords yourself. You want words and phrases that people are looking for. If your here just for pleasure, then create anything you want. I think most of us are here for the pleasure of being here at hubpages, but I think we also take care of what we choose as topics and keywords, but I can't speak for everyone else. This is my experience here at hubpages.

3. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Depending where you are in the world, yours may or may not be a viable ambition!

Even the most successful Hubbers average less than $1,000 per month at the moment, although a handful do better than that, and with the Adsense bonus this month someone might even break the $2,000 mark.

The rule of thumb is that you will get $1-$5 per 1000 people who visit your Hubs, which means that to make any sort of decent income, you need to be promoting your Hubs just the way you would promote your own website.

Now, if you live somewhere that has a low cost of living, something like $200 per month (which is achievable if you write lots of Hubs or a couple of ones that hit exactly the right long tail keywords) might be the equivalent of a part-time job.

Either way, be prepared to invest a few months before the earnings become more than pocket change.

Best of luck!

4. 0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 8 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful welcomes!