jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Watching the Space Station and Space Shuttle go by...

1. Wendi M profile image83
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

Two month's ago I was sitting in the hottub, and I saw this bright light slowly travel across the sky.

As soon as I got in the house I googled the Space Station to see if that was what I had just witnessed.  Sure enough...it was!

So, for the past two months, I have been going to the website link below to find out what nights are viewable...tonight's was the most amazing so far.

Just thought I'd share this beauty with everyone else:

1. 70
      logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I was on there and got some great pics of you in the hottub! smile

2. Wendi M profile image83
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

Seriously...this is an awesome sight!!

1. alternate poet profile image76
      alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Around 1970 I was on a ship in the tropics tracking the hundreds of satellites for communication and spying that were being fired up there. We got to find around ten or twelve every night as I recall.  It was cool at first, but after a month of nights it was just bright lights in the sky, again.

2. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The website is great. You can find out where and when to watch it by putting in a location. Cool! smile

3. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Aw...Nuts...I just missed it...right about the time I started to look it up on that Real time chart. Seriously...Wendi...it is pretty awesome. Thanks for the link on how to track it.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

that is awesome, very special!

sometimes even though on the west coast of Fl, we can see the light in the sky at lift-off on a cloudless day and hear it when it reenters the earths atmosphere, as it comes in with a loud bang.