jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Expanding Online Presence

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

Okay, so....

I have been reading about the importance of "not putting all your eggs in one basket." My question is this-

When is it a good idea to develop more online presence(s) like blogs and websites?

I initially set a traffic and hubscore goal, but I don't know if that is the right approach.

Don't get the wrong idea- I love HP. I am barely beginning. I am just wondering if I should develop supportive backlink sites concurrently, or after I have more experience and success.

Any thoughts?

1. celebritydiscodav profile image61
      celebritydiscodavposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Start a celebrity website - celebrity followed by your name, and then put in a Link to your Hub?? - I don`t quite follow the advantage in timed exposure, other than it is obviously far better to create a second Hub with each new subject.(?)
      Good Luck!

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

when the need arises for other options, having them aged and indexed is a plus

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

I've been using Blogspot. You can use your own Adsense ID. And they've made it easier to insert Amazon products.

And occasionally I'll throw in a link to a related hub.

I also use several other sites. And have started a few of my own.

HubPages has, after much experimenting and testing, been the best performing site for me.

4. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

Good, thank you. One more question?

I am noticing that my adsense account lists my profile page for all traffic and clicks. Is this normal?

sorry for changing the subject, but while I have my two favorite guys here, thought I would ask.

1. Jule Romans profile image88
      Jule Romansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sorry. Dumb question. Just found the answer. smile

5. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

You can make much more with your own niche website, as you get to keep 100% of your income!

Hubpages is nice for testing out new niches though.

6. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

You can put the HubPages widget for your HubPages on your blog and then it updates every time you publish a new Hub. That is a quick and easy thing to do.

7. Csjun89 profile image74
    Csjun89posted 6 years ago

Try making your own website
    Or mini amazon shop

8. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

I made a few blogs concurrently with HubPages.  As I learned, I was able to apply the knowledge to both.  Good Luck!

9. Csjun89 profile image74
    Csjun89posted 6 years ago

A blog shop or mini amazon shop are good suggestions!
    the skills you learn can apply across both!