jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How do I obtain YouTube videos?

1. Kosmo profile image92
    Kosmoposted 8 years ago

YouTube says I can't download their videos. Is this true? I've seen YouTube videos on other people's hubs. Must I purchase them or what? (I hope I don't seem totally clueless.) Please help.

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Copy the URL of the video you want, and paste it into the video capsule where it says "Video URL"

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

You can't download them (save them to your computer) but you can embed them (by doing as Inspirepub has explained).

4. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Hi Inspirepub,

This video issue may look obvious but you may be surprised to know how may of us didn't know that. There is also a few other things like making two columns, writing words next to the photograph, putting the photo in the middle of your text, making links that will open in a blank page, etc., etc.

Thank you.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

ngureco, I have a hub on Capsules that may be of help to you.

5. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

Actually, it is possible to download videos from YouTube, you just need third party software or similar to do it. (I have a Firefox extension that does the trick nicely, though the video quality usually sucks.) It's only really necessary if you want to save a video to your computer or iPod, though. HubPages (and many other sites) use the URL to automatically embed the video, as Jenny described.

6. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Or you can just use safari on a mac and download any embedded flv.