jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Rotating Ads?

1. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

I made an interesting discovery today. After responding to a comment I found a capsule out of place. I corrected the situation and published. That is when I saw the ad about sexy Russian girls in the space above the hub.

Well, the capsule was still below Comments do I adjusted it again.This time when I published I saw a different yet 'decent' ad.I had to edit the hub a third time and got the sexy Russian girl  ad again.This time it was on the left at the top.

The fact that the position of the ad had moved from right top to left top made me ask if the ads are rotated. Now, I cannot tell Hubpages which ads to show to get their percentage. But the ad was in a lucrative spot to get clicks and impressions. I could not determine if it was Hubpages ads or the ones slated for me. It made me smile somewhat and wonder if the sexy Russian girls ad was a stimulus package to get me some clicks and impression. Can one discover which ads get clicks? I doubt it  for obvious reasons but I am curious.I will sit back and wait for the comments to roll in.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

The same ads aren't shown every time you view your hub.  To frame it in terms of the scenario you describe: the ad isn't moving from place to place, it's actually being shown three separate times.  This particular advertiser has obviously put a lot of money into AdSense, so their ad is being shown very frequently.

As far as the subject matter of the ads, it is targeted to the keywords in your hub, but only if the hub is getting a certain amount of traffic.  If you don't get many views for a while, AdSense will revert to "generic" ads which don't closely match the content the way you're used to.

Hope that helps.

1. aoiffe379 profile image61
      aoiffe379posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Please help me out with this one. How does a hub on six steps to finding wealth in your backyard part II relate to sexy Russian women? My keywords are nowhere near a match.I try not to be ambiguous; so I write in plain ,simple English and try not to pull out any stops or too many of them.

Like I said, I am just curious and was wondering if the ad was a stimulus package to jumpstart my traffic.Apparently it was - to open my prude eyes! Sounds like I need to use some spicy choice wordswhich revolve  around sex,health and money in order to rev up my traffic engine a little bit

.Ii am not complaining because the ads may have been HubPages share[lol]. Thanks for the insight,Maddie Ruud.

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As Maddie said - if your hub does not generate enough traffic, google forgets what your topic was between visits and displays whatever generic ad it founds around. smile

1. N. Ramius profile image83
          N. Ramiusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Which is apparently Russian girls

1. Misha profile image74
            Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I swear this has nothing to do with me lol

3. rb77 profile image83
    rb77posted 6 years ago

Here's some interesting dialogue from Google on ad relevance.

#1: scum advertisers are targeting keywords that has nothing to do with their product. Advertisers that where targeted have stopped or rolled back on their campaign.

#2: End of the month, less Advertisers targeting your market, advertiser spent the budget for the month.

You might want to check the time of month this problem occurs and to take it a step further report the url to Google in case that advertiser is off-targeting keywords.