jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

When technology fails...

1. barryrutherford profile image38
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

Have any of you had a technology failure just when you don't want it.  I have had a couple over the last week and the timing could not have been more inconvenient.  I wrote a hub on it on how Moccona saved the day. It makes one wonder how big business copes.  Maybe you could add a comment or write a hub on it i would for one be interested !

1. Rombie1986 profile image59
      Rombie1986posted 6 years ago in reply to this

When texas got that bad hurricane last year, we got the back-wind of it and it tore down trees and so many cities over here were without power for a whole week. It was horrible timing because I was at a concert at the time and they cancelled it about a quarter of the way through it. Then when I got home.. No way to charge my phone. I got used to it after the second day. Sitting back, relaxing with candles and a good book. I actually started to like it. I really wouldn't mind if we got another wind-storm. My novel I am writing on my hub deals with events in a apocalypse and one of the events is all electricity is taken out and people must cope with no electricity. I love technology. I play games all the time and love my netflix, but if technology ever failed... meh. I think i'd survive.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

We have become very dependent, haven't we?  We should always remember how to use those quills and inkwells, just in case.

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Keep those candles and paperbacks handy just in case.  If technology fails, you may actually have to have a conversation with a real, live person yikes

1. barryrutherford profile image38
      barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh my god i see it all the time couples txting each other while share or so called sharing a table in a cafe or restaurant !  tongue