jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

"JUMP TO LAST POST" FOR HUBS WITH EXTENSIVE COMMENTS

1. 0
    LEWJposted 6 years ago

I've found that it's very slow navigating thru comments under my hub by using the mouse scroll method.   This particular hub has over 400 comments posted beneath it.

I suggest that HUBPAGES STAFF  add the "jump to last post"  feature already included in forum navigation to hubs that contain 100 or more comments beneath them.     This added feature would save hub authors time, effort, and irritation when they return to their hubs to reply to comments added by readers.
    Thanks for your consideration.

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

good call.. smile

2. CASE1WORKER profile image84
      CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

excellent idea- i got fed up trying to look at mine and i only had 6!

3. 0
      LEWJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Though the order of comments on a hub can be adjusted to a reverse chronologic order to make new comments appear at the top of the list of comments, a "jump to last post"  feature would still be a convenient navigational feature for those who prefer the usual first-to-last chronologic setting for their comments.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

What about Hubs that list comments in reverse order?

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice question Relache. smile big_smile

2. Whitney05 profile image62
      Whitney05posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not a fan of this. It's a pain when you have tons of comments and you try to reply to a new comment, but have to scroll to the top to make sure you get all questions answered.

In the forums you can click the person's name in the "Most Recent" column that posted the last comment and go straight to that last comment. If that makes sense.

3. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Great Idea!

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Ohma, just in case you did not know, you can change the order in which your comments are left on each hub.

Edit the comment capsule and check the settings, and look at them, so you know what options hubs offers. It's pretty cool.

smile Just a thought. smile

1. 0
        LEWJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good answer to the order of comment question above.

working