jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Answer this?

1. figment profile image73
    figmentposted 6 years ago

What catches your attention the most in a hub.  What kind of hub REALLY catches your attention?

1. watchya profile image59
      watchyaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The content. It has to interest me. I don't care much if it's perfectly written or not. I can cope with a couple of mistakes.

2. leeberttea profile image61
      leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Anything sexy wink

2. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 6 years ago

A Hub that is organised
    A Hub that has good sentence structure
    A Hub with good punctuation
    A Hub that achieves its purpose
    And Most of All!
    A Hub with pics of Naked Women!!!

3. 0
    RandomSh!tposted 6 years ago

Peoples writing styles is what catches my attention, especially if they have some humor to them.

4. jacobkuttyta profile image46
    jacobkuttytaposted 6 years ago

Hubs generating curiosity

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Hubs that have a good layout. I like to find hubs that have different and unique layouts. When a hub looks good, generally you know that person took time in developing the page. I've found that hubs that have a good layout, generally have good grammar and purpose.
    In a lot of cases, if the hub doesn't look organized, I won't read it. Sorry.. I just feel that the more time spent on organizing and capsule placement, the more likely the person spent the time when writing to create something good. That has actually followed through in the majority of cases.

Not saying that unorganized blocks of text with few to no other capsules, doesn't have good grammar and an achieved goal, but more times that's been the case from what I've seen.

6. Daniel Carter profile image92
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Title is first for me. And it doesn't have to be overly creative. The guidelines for title selection say we should consider using titles that people look for in searches. And the hubs I'm drawn to have titles that often match the search criteria I'm using.

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

For me it's sort of the same.  I look at titles first as most people do but, writing style makes up alot of my choice.  I think it's because my style is all over the place.  I can go from my ridiculous Deerflat stories to trashing liberalism in a blink.  The title catches my eye, the style keeps me reading.

1. Daniel Carter profile image92
        Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very well stated. If the content isn't good, organization, etc., I'm also outa there in a hurry. You clarified things for me. Thanks, tobey.

1. tobey100 profile image61
          tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey, I actually just threw your hubs back at ya.  Great titles, great content.  That's why I follow ya.

7. lxd35 profile image60
    lxd35posted 6 years ago

Titles and the pictures, especially the picture on the thumbnail. I guess I'm a visual person and I need something interesting to look at, but I definitely won't read it if the title isn't something I want to read about. Also, it's a pet peeve of mine to find bad grammar or spelling in a blog. Proof read! Even if I like the content of a hub, if it's poorly written I'll stop reading.

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Humor - I love to laugh!