jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon products link to external websites

1. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 7 years ago

I see that some of the amazon products I promote are originally listed on amazon but when a user goes to these products he is taken away to external website to purchase the product.

Not talking about the sposored links.

For example if I search amazon for "impregnator 511" I see that it says product is available from external website "janitor world."

Do we still get commission from these sales?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, absolutely.  You get commission on anything sold through Amazon.com, even if it is sold by a third party.

1. N. Ramius profile image83
        N. Ramiusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I didn't think you got a commission if they had to leave the Amazon site for an external site.

I learned something.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
          Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, you don't get commission on a third-party site.  You do get commission on products listed on Amazon through a third-party seller.  Does that make sense?

2. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 7 years ago

Well now I am confused.  Can someone take the time to go to amazon and search for impregnator 511 and tell me if I would get a commission if someone ordered from janitors world online.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You get commission if the sale is through Amazon, just as Maddie said.

3. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

yep as Maddie said - thats an example of a third party selling through Amazon -

4. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Janitors world online is probably an amazon store.  YOu get a reduced commission for third party sellers, but it's all money!

working