jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Multi-Author for One E-Mail

1. YoungBummerSeduct profile image60
    YoungBummerSeductposted 8 years ago

It would be good if we have a few pen names to cater for several niches which we contributes in. Over at Ezinearticles, they have this feature which within an account, you can have a few author profiles set up and other than the author itself, no one will know which profiles are linked.

Maybe Hubpages can implement this in the future for the convenience of some Hubbers here. What will be the downside? More spams? This should not be a problem as Hubpages is above par in keeping spams at bay.

Thanks Hubpages for everything and keep it up!

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You're allowed to sign up for multiple accounts here, you just need to use a different email address for each.  If you happen to use Gmail, you can just add "+anystring" on the end to create as many unique addresses for the same mailbox as you need (see here).  I don't think we're ever going to combine multiple profiles into one account though.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Just do the same as all the spammers and use more than one account.

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I can't work out the penname thing really - I can understand if you are writing in a "non adsense niche" eg. sex or gambling but otherwise I write about, travel, dance, technology - what does it matter that I know more than 1 niche - that makes me a human surely?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you really are an expert in one particular field then people may not take you seriously in that field if you show an interest in other areas as well.

Strange, but true.

But then again, I would not like to think my dentist has a side interest in plumbing.

4. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Lissie - It only matters if you want to use a user name like "Howtomakeloadsofmoneyonline." big_smile