jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

What other hub names did you first consider?

1. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

When you signed up here at Hubpages, you must have thought of a few alternate hub names or monikers.  What else did you consider before settling on the one you use?

I thought of dogslobber, papsmear, among others... smile

1. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
        Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Isn't that misspelled?

I wasn't smart enough to think of other names for myself.

1. Misha profile image75
          Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL Me too lol

2. timorous profile image92
          timorousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suspect its not misspelled. Greek One likes to please the ladies, apparently. lol

2. 0
      mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

great question...At the time I signed up I really did not know what I would be writing about so I picked the thing I know the most about (technology) and used a shortened abbreviation for my company plus the year I incorporated...boring, I know, but true smile

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

How about Sir clusterfkd or vagexpander lol.

3. barryrutherford profile image37
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

sherlock holmes and boy wonder

4. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

yes apparently if you choose a good business name for your account it can help with keywords, but i didn't know at the time, I guess mine is still distinguished in case somebody wants to find me on other blog sites

5. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

dennisematt, and rednckwmn. smile

6. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I didn't consider any other names. wink big_smile

7. myownworld profile image78
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

I always imagined a world of my own - where I could write and let my thoughts flow freely... so "myownworld" came naturally to mind and I never looked further. Except, I never thought I'd be known as "MOW" around here.... though I don't mind, as long as my 'world' is read and valued smile

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile  we can change your name. How about, Your Own World. YOW...nevermind....Ill keep thinking. I know, I said that the first time I realized the initials splled mow, but I haven't come up with anything yet...

1. myownworld profile image78
        myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile you see, that's the thing we all need to keep in mind when we come up with these names: what will the initials/abrv be like?

lol @ Kim... Avatar Addict is cooool!

1. 0
          Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The worst thing that happens to me is sometimes people call me Justin. lol I actually did think aobut what the initials spell when naming my chidlren.

dennisematt and rednckwmn were actaully my other lives names.

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I considered avatar addict, shortened AA

8. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Fat Bar steward..... Lean man does contravene the trades description act a little at my size....

9. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

i thought of miss take or seasoning, but got sick of them, and Poet Lorraine..... don't really like this either to be honest....

10. DevLin profile image60
    DevLinposted 6 years ago

Almost used my title. Rev Dev. Didn't think it'd go well with business. Not practicing right now anyway. Still use the name on a paralyzed blog site.

11. H.C Porter profile image84
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I have had three relevant nicknames in my life that more than one person has called me- Jersey, Harvard and H.C....
    H.C won the honor for a few reason, one of which is it makes me think of spending summers with my favorite aunt-who taught me (amongst other things) which way to turn the faucet to get Hot water or Cold water to come out- and how to remember it. My initials are H.C and Hot is on the left and Cold on the right...it made perfect sense to me when I was 5 (even if it is a bit silly now)...

12. restoremyheart profile image61
    restoremyheartposted 6 years ago

None, this was the first one I thought of?  Wish all things were that simple?

13. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I thought of meggiepoo and supermega and supernova, and maybe someday I'll use those.  Of course, by now everyone knows I'm also SoftCornHippo - I have no idea where that name came from! out of my poor, poor addled brain.