jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Number of words in a Hub

1. LondonDuchess profile image55
    LondonDuchessposted 9 years ago

Is there a limit to the number of words a capsule can contain?

If you have written quite a large capsule - is it possible to divide it into two or more smaller ones in order to add pictures between the smaller capsules.

Is there an easy way to count the number of words in the capsule / Hub (sorry if that is a very silly question !!!!!!!!!!! )

Thanks for reading this.

And big thank you to everyone who writes such helpful posts on the forums.

Viv

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

No, there's no limit.

It is. Having a hub that is too long can be a problem (peoples attention span and all that) but having a hub that's too short can also be a problem. As long as it does the subject justice and you link to the next step, lesson, tutorial or level then it should be fine.

Copy and paste it into a Word processor document and use the Word Count there.

1. LondonDuchess profile image55
        LondonDuchessposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Darkside.

You said it is ............. may I ask - how you would do it - do you copy and paste or something?

Viv

1. hassam profile image82
          hassamposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Well,you cant really divide a capsule into two parts,but what you can do is use two seperate capsules and it would be much better if you divide your text into different paragraphs and use a seperate capsule for each.

1. Inspirepub profile image82
            Inspirepubposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Just be aware that if you have images and other things floated to the right, the text in your capsule should be long enough to flow all the way down past the bottom of those items. If not, you can get some strange formatting issues with big white spaces when they put the Adsense blocks in between the capsules.

Jenny

2. mroconnell profile image81
    mroconnellposted 9 years ago

Additionally, if you don't use word, you can google "word count tool" and you'll get lots of websites that exist solely to let you paste in a block of text and calculate how many words that block consists of at the click of a button.

This can also be easier than opening a bulky word processor sometimes.

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That is correct! I went googling myself and found a bit of javascript and made my own wordcount page. big_smile

3. LondonDuchess profile image55

Thanks so much guys - I really am grateful for the answers you have given me here

Viv

4. LondonDuchess profile image55

Thank you Jenny

That is really useful advice.

I got quite carried away thinking about my favourite places as I wrote the Hub,and completely forgot about adding pictures ....... I won`t do that again !!!!!

Viv

5. LondonDuchess profile image55

Hassam,

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to help me out

Viv

working