jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

My first hub

1. 59
    Mindaugasposted 6 years ago

In the 13th century the first heavier affixed castle of Kaunas was built. It was one of the most important defenses during the fights against the crusaders.

How its look?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bear in mind that most people have never heard of this castle, so you need to add an introduction - at least tell us where the castle is!

2. dutch84 profile image60
      dutch84posted 6 years ago in reply to this

History is a great topic to write about. It becomes a reference for students or just people who would like to learn more about the ancient past. Keep working on it and take advice from these excellent hubbers. You will see your work improving in no time!

2. torimari profile image78
    torimariposted 6 years ago

The pictures shown really grab the reader and make him want to read the history.

Yet, though you have a good chunk of history about this castle, it just starts into it.

You really don't have an introduction i.e. a summary of what this Kaunas castle is, its relevance to its country, etc.

You want to establish what the article is about and why this castle is important/worth us reading about right away. Summarize briefly the concept of your hub first.

It's also a little short so anything you can expand on would be great, and I noticed some slight grammar errors. For example, at one point (I think in one of the last few paragraphs), you spell straightened as straitened.

Hope that helps~keep writing.